The epidermis can be very sensitive and, for various reasons, be damaged and lose its outermost “layers”.
When these fragments are detached from the skin because of sunburn, infections or lack of hydration can be unsightly and not like us too much.
In this article we offer different home remedies for skin peeling .
Causes and symptoms of skin peeling
This condition usually appears more frequently on the face, hands, arms and feet.
Cutaneous desquamation can be caused by several factors, among which are:
- Allergic reactions
- Disorders in the immune system
- Burns of different degrees
In most cases it is accompanied by some symptoms such as rash, itching and dryness.
There is also a sensation of tightness in the skin when in contact with the water, reddened appearance and appearance of cracks, which can be superficial or deep (the latter with a tendency to bleed).
- In the particular case of desquamation due to overexposure to the sun’s rays , the symptoms are pink or reddish skin, hot and sensitive to touch, inflammation and small blisters filled with fluid.
- On the other hand, dry skin can derive in desquamation and be caused by environmental conditions , a disease in the dermis, hereditary pathologies or a lack of hydration.
Depending on where we live, the weather can affect the condition of our skin.
For example, in winter, low temperatures, winds and snow worsen the picture, along with being in environments with high heating and bathing with very hot water.
In summer, on the other hand, we have the climatic factor to expose ourselves more to the sun and also to places with air conditioning.
Other triggers of skin peeling are the use of certain soaps or cleaning items in the home (without gloves), psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and skin infections.
Natural recipes for skin peeling
If you suffer from this problem and you want to complement the dermatological treatment that the doctor has indicated , pay attention to the following home remedies to relieve the peeling of the skin.
Their fatty acids nourish the skin in an amazing way. Above all, its use is recommended in those with dry skin.
In external use we recommend that you heat it a little (do not burn) before applying it on the affected area. In addition a good exfoliating home remedy can help you to eliminate dead cells.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (20 g)
- Warm the olive oil and pour in a container.
- Add the salt and mix until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply on the skin, previously washed and well dried, with circular movements.
- Let it act 5 minutes and remove with warm water.
You can make a special mask if you suffer from peeling skin, whose application you should repeat at least once a day.
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (16 g)
- 1 tablespoon of rose water (10 ml)
- Squeeze the lemon juice and place in a bowl.
- Add the egg white and mix well.
- Add warm olive oil and rose water at room temperature.
- Stir until a homogeneous paste is formed.
- Apply in the affected area with circular movements, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
It has many properties for the skin, because it soothes and moisturizes. It also serves to reduce irritation, itching and inflammation .
Do not hesitate to have an plant in your home to enjoy it at any time, especially if you are prone to desquamation in the dermis.
- Simply cut a stem longitudinally and apply the gel inside the affected area several times a day.
Another of the allies for the health of the epidermis (that’s why it is used in aesthetics) that can help us if we have scaly skin.
We advise you to put it in the fridge for a while before using it, because cold, in addition, has calming effects.
- Cut into slices and apply on the irritated area.
This cereal can be used as a powerful exfoliant, but also as a skin relaxant. Everything depends on how we use it.
In the second case, we recommend an oatmeal bath .
- 1 cup of oatmeal (100 g)
- Warm water (enough to fill the tub)
- Fill the tub up to three quarters of its capacity and pour the oats little by little.
- Remove so that it dissolves well and submerges the body .
- Rub the skin a little with the water and after 30 minutes, get out of the tub.
- Dry carefully and apply the moisturizer you prefer.