Hemorrhoids are a very common silent problem and for which multiple treatments are put on the market.
We are sure that, if you also suffer, you will have tried a thousand remedies. Therefore, from our space we propose a simple solution: calendula oil for hemorrhoids.
No one knows what this problem implies until he has it. The discomfort of going to the bathroom, of having to take care of even the way we sit or what we eat to avoid inflaming that area even more are very common characteristics.
Do not hesitate to take note of this simple treatment to have a better quality of life.
Calendula treatment for hemorrhoids
Calendula is a flower widely used by pharmacists and natural medicine. In fact, within the classification of the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database it is considered “effective or very effective” for the following reasons:
We recommend you read what to do when you have hemorrhoids
It is an anti-inflammatory plant
- Calendula is rich in antiphlogistic components such as calendulin , very effective in reducing inflammations and infections.
- Calendula is a flower very similar to arnica, which we have already talked about in this space and which is used to relieve inflammations, reduce bruising or muscle pain.
- It is very useful to resolve inflammations located in various mucous membranes , such as the mouth, or the gums.
- Its anti-inflammatory action has been very useful since ancient times to solve problems of angina, stomach, intestinal inflammation and, of course, hemorrhoids.
It is a good antiseptic
An antiseptic is a compound capable of destroying the germs that attack a certain tissue. In the case of hemorrhoids, we can not forget that bleeding often occurs, and that blood may be a risk when it comes to infecting or producing necrosis in the surrounding areas.
- The regular use of calendula for hemorrhoids will help us avoid any infection and keep the affected area clean and healthy at all times.
The benefits of calendula in its topical use
In our calendula remedy for hemorrhoids we are going to limit ourselves to make use of its oil. Therefore, it is important to know if this external application is equally effective.
- The topical application of calendula is widely used to treat hemorrhoids due to its analgesic, anti-inflammatory and healing principles. It is, therefore, very effective.
- If we use it daily, we will obtain a better quality of life day by day, feeling less pain and also encouraging the blood to stop accumulating in the hemorrhoid and to make its presence softer.
Discover also ” chamomile, natural treatment for hemorrhoids ”
How to prepare your home remedy with calendula for hemorrhoids
Option 1: Calendula oil
- 1 tablespoon of calendula oil (14 g)
- 1 cotton disk
First of all, we have to tell you that the calendula oil can be found in natural stores or pharmacies. Just as there is oil , there is the possibility of buying calendula cream for hemorrhoids, which is another interesting option.
- In our case, to benefit from it, we will only have to apply this oil after having a bath . With the help of the cotton disc we will moisten the area of hemorrhoids and immediately notice a great relief.
- It can always be useful to bring a little calendula oil in your bag. If on any occasion when going to the bathroom you perceive that your hemorrhoids bleed, do not hesitate to heal yourself with this remedy.
It acts as a good antiseptic to sanitize the area, as an analgesic and desinflammatory.
Discover how to clean the colon naturally
Option 2: Intimate baths with calendula water
- 5 tablespoons of calendula flowers (50 g)
- 500 ml of water
- We will start by heating that half liter of water, so that it infuses together with the calendula flowers for half an hour. Then, allow it to rest for another 10 minutes to get the temperature warmer.
- We will prepare a tub to carry out this intimate bath . Remove the flowers and make yourself comfortable to favor the contact of this medicinal water with hemorrhoids.
- If you do it several times a week you will find a good improvement in this common but limiting ailment in daily life.
You can also supplement the use of calendula with cypress essential oil . It is a good vasoconstrictor that helps us contract venous dilatations and also disinfects.
However, if your hemorrhoids are very large and you often bleed, do not hesitate to ask your doctor for other options.
If you are pregnant it is better not to use calendula.