To make a homemade soap and natural we must follow some simple steps that, in addition, will allow us to add the ingredients we want, the most suitable for our skin type.
In this article we explain how you can make a homemade soap of lavender and white clay, beneficial for all skin types for its regulatory properties , and that can be used on the face, hands and body.
A homemade soap for everything
We are used to using different hygiene products for each part of the body.
However, this is mainly due to fashions and advertising since, in fact, a single soap for the body, face and even hair was used decades ago.
The only thing that we must take into account is that it is a natural homemade soap with the capacity to clean in depth without altering the pH of our skin .
For this we will choose natural ingredients with balancing properties, which can be used by both people with dry skin and people with oily skin.
The most daring can also try it as a shampoo, always followed by a conditioner.
- It is very soothing, which helps us relax our nervous system and balances sensitive or delicate skin that tend to redden .
- It is antiseptic, an excellent property for skin prone to
- It is regulatory, so it helps balance the sebum production of the skin. It is, for this reason, suitable for all types of skins, both dry and mixed or oily.
- It is regenerative, an ideal virtue to prevent and minimize wrinkles or acne , as well as to treat minor skin burns.
- It is analgesic. Reduces pain and
- It has a delicious aroma that most people like and that also allows us to benefit from the medicinal properties of lavender.
Lavender essential oil can be applied to the skin undiluted without any risk. However, in this soap it will be mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
This oil also has the property of enhancing the beneficial effects of other essential oils that we want to add to our soap.
The white clay
The clay poultices act from the outside, improving the function of the skin and organs, while the clay water allows us to purify our organism in depth.
White clay is a mild but effective variety , suitable for all skin types, since other types of clay may be too strong for drier or more sensitive skins.
Clay gives us the following benefits on the skin:
- Deep cleans pores, removes impurities and allows a smooth
- Deflates and calms, so it minimizes pain and inflammation.
- It provides minerals to the skin to restore luminosity and vitality.
- It is antiseptic.
- Stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic system.
- It improves the natural regeneration of the skin.
We recommend you read: Benefits of white clay for the skin
How do we make homemade soap?
To prepare our homemade soap we will need the following ingredients:
- A tablet of about 100 grams of solid vegetable glycerin
- Two tablespoons of white clay powder (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of a vegetable oil (olive, coconut, almond, sesame, sunflower, etc.) (about 25 or 30 g)
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
How do we do it?
- We will heat the glycerin in the water bath or in the microwave, in pieces, to melt it.
- Once it is liquid, mix it well with the vegetable oil and white powdered clay until no lumps remain.
- When the mixture is warm, we will add the essential oil of lavender, since with too much heat it would lose its medicinal properties.
- Once everything is well mixed, we will put the soap still liquid in the mold that we are going to use. The silicone molds, previously greased with oil, are the most comfortable.
- Let the mixture cool and we will have our soap ready.