Oily skin needs specific . It is essential to regulate sebum production naturally.
If we use synthetic ingredients we run the risk of altering the protective layer of the skin and suffer, in the long term, skin dryness.
Discover in this article the simple recipe to make a homemade soap of glycerin, lemon and mint, cleanser and refreshing.
Causes of oily skin
Although they can always be related to genetic factors, the main cause of oily skin is usually an unbalanced diet . However, hormonal issues can also influence, especially in adolescence.
In many cases, excess sebum usually causes open pores, impurities and acne . The most appropriate treatment is based on a good diet and the use of specific natural cosmetics.
To balance oily skin in a healthy way we must start with a good diet:
- Reduce consumption of sugar and sweets : We can choose stevia, honey or coconut sugar and make our own homemade sweets.
- Replace the harmful fats (sausages, margarine, fried, precooked, industrial pastries) by the beneficial fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, blue fish,
- Always choose whole foods rich in their own fiber.
- Include in each meal a good portion of raw vegetables (celery, Swiss chard, spinach, arugula, radishes, etc.), in salad, juice or smoothie.
Natural and homemade soap
This soap has some ingredients with very effective medicinal properties for oily skin:
- Lemon: This citrus fruit has a high cleansing and astringent power. Refreshes the skin, cleanses the pores and even prevents and eliminates facial blemishes. Its antiseptic power is also very effective in cases of impurities and acne.
- Mint: The
- Beeswax: The beeswax, in addition to solidifying our homemade cosmetics, also protects, moisturizes and calms the skin. It also facilitates healing in cases of acne.
- Aloe vera gel: This ingredient is ideal for oily skin, since it moisturizes without adding fat . It also has healing and soothing virtues, which reduce the inflammation of acne.
- 1 tablet of glycerin soap (100 g)
- 1 piece of beeswax (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh mint leaves
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
: También podemos añadir aceite esencial de Note : We can also add
- Glass bowl that fits inside the pan
- Spoon to remove
- Molds for soap
What should you do?
- First, we will put water to boil in the casserole to introduce inside the glass container. Inside we will put the glycerin tablet and the beeswax so that they melt in the water bath.
- Mix well the two ingredients until they are well integrated.
- We will extinguish the fire and we will continue with the mixture in the boat, already outside the casserole.
- Next, we will add the gel and the lemon juice, without mixing.
- When the preparation is warm (but not hardened) we will add the essential oil. It is done at room temperature so as not to damage the properties of the oil.
- We will put the liquid in the molds and add the mint leaves. These will give a very nice and natural appearance to soaps.
- Finally, we will let the soaps cool until the next day and it will be ready to be used.
How is it used?
- We will use this soap in the morning and at night. When we wake up we will wash our face before using the facial tonic and moisturizer.
At night, after removing makeup, we will wash the skin with soap to eliminate toxins and impurities. We should always moisturize the skin after using the soap .