The pimples on the face are related to adolescence or puberty. However, they can appear at any time of life and for various reasons.
Since many times we do not know why they develop, in this article we tell you how to differentiate the different types of acne on the face.
What types of acne are there
Although we usually include all the granites in the same group, there are different types. Each of them with its own characteristics and specific situations for its appearance:
Acne vulgaris or common
- It has white spots, pimples and small pimples on the skin of the face and other parts of the body (for example,
- Acne vulgaris is mild but can also be treated with appropriate treatments indicated by a dermatologist.
- The pimples are small and appear a few days before the period in women due to the hormonal changes that occur in the body.
- In the case of already suffering from acne at this stage the pimples become more visible. The good news is that they disappear in less than a week.
- Newborn babies can have pimples during the first 72 hours of life .
- This acne is related to the hormones that the mother has passed through the umbilical cord and the
- It is common in teenagers or in adulthood in men and is caused by a bad shave (a poor technique, a sharp blade or a foam that generates a reaction).
- Skin irritation leads to keloid acne, which appears on the chin and neck.
It is one of the side effects of many drugs, including:
- Oral contraceptives
To be able to treat this type of acne it is essential to change the type of medication, of course, always under the prescription of a doctor.
- It is a simple injury caused by common acne. It is a hair follicle obstructed by dead skin cells or fat .
- A comedón is transformed into a reddish bulge and has no “exit” or “tip” like the pimples.
The use of certain beauty products or makeup as well as an inefficient cleaning can cause it.
It is recommended to choose “non-comedogenic” items and periodically wash the area so that the .
- It is an open comedon on the surface of the dermis. Excess oil or dead cells clog the pore.
- Unlike what is believed, this point is black due to the reaction of the grease when contacting the air, not because of the dirt.
- The black points must be removed properly to avoid scars or leave redness.
- When the comedone remains closed to the surface of the skin white spots are formed.
- These occur when fat and dead cells do not allow the to open .
- With a good dermatological treatment can be unclogged and ensure good drainage.
- It occurs when a comedone, white or black point is inflamed and causes a pink or red protrusion. It can be painful to the touch and cause a lot of sensitivity.
- If we scratch, pinch or tighten the
- When the face presents many papules it can indicate that one suffers from moderate to severe acne.
- Another type of inflamed grain, similar to the white spot but with a halo or red circle around the protuberance. Generally in the interior it lodges a good amount of pus yellow or white.
- It is necessary to avoid pinching or tightening them so as not to cause scars or marks on the skin.
Rosacea is a condition that affects millions of people around the world, mostly those who are over 30 years old.
- It is characterized by pink or reddish marks as if they were a
- The most common areas of appearance are the cheeks, chin and nose. In some cases there is rosacea on the forehead.
- This redness may be accompanied by spots, pimples and bumps.
It is more common in women and, if it is not treated early when it is moderate, rosacea can widen or inflame the tissues and cause thickening of the nose.
It also results in greater visibility of the blood vessels of the dermal surface.
- It is characterized by larger lesions or protuberances and is very painful.
- Injuries can not be easily treated and improper treatment is likely to leave marks and
- It is a large swollen lump that feels firm when touched. The nodule develops in the deeper layers of the skin and is usually very painful.
- They should be treated without exception by a dermatologist so that the swelling will gradually subside and the symptoms will disappear.
- It is a large, severe lesion, filled with pus that looks like bubbles.
- A cyst is quite painful and, yes or yes, it must be removed by a doctor (local anesthesia is often used).
- Those who develop cysts are among the group of patients with very severe acne.
It is one of the most serious types of acne that exists. It is, in turn, very dangerous, because it appears when there has been no previous treatment and it is easier to become infected or hurt .
- Acne conglobota is more common in men and appears in addition to the face on the thighs, chest,
- It is related to problems with the immune system.
Deep or disseminated folliculitis
- It is the most serious type of acne and is caused by a bacterial infection due to poor treatment or management of pustules and cysts.
- Being so complicated, you must treat antibiotics in the long term.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com