We often confuse an anxiety attack with a heart attack because the symptoms, at first glance, are quite similar.
Heart attack. What is it
A heart attack or heart attack occurs when a clot in the coronary artery blocks the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
This causes irregular heartbeats, which we know as arrhythmias, which in turn cause a significant decrease in the pumping function of the heart.
If the obstruction that is not treated in a short period of time will end up causing the death of the affected heart muscle.
Symptoms of a heart attack
- If you are suffering from a heart attack you will have an oppressive pain, generally, in the central area of the chest , in the middle, and it can be felt in the left arm and in the back.
- Also, the pain can also radiate to the neck, teeth and
- The intensity may vary, but it lasts more than five minutes and does not affect breathing.
- On the other hand, there is a sensation of itching that, in many cases, is only present in the left arm.
- It is also common to have cold and sticky sweating, nausea and even vomiting.
People who suffer a heart attack do not have a hectic breathing , so there are hardly any cases in which this, in addition, causes an attack of anxiety.
If you see that you have some of these symptoms for five minutes now, you will have to call the ambulance or go to the emergency room immediately.
Anxiety Attack. What is it
An anxiety attack is also known as a panic attack and consists of a very intense reaction, accompanied by the feeling of lack of ability to control your nervous state.
An anxiety attack, on a physical level, is due to the hyperactivation of the amygdala , which becomes alert when it perceives that there is a dangerous situation.
To try to solve the problem we will have to discover the reasons or what triggers in us the alarm signal or threat to stimuli that, objectively, are not dangerous.
In any case, before such a picture , it is best to go to a specialist to receive an appropriate diagnosis . And is that through a psychological treatment you will find the real origin of panic disorder.
Symptoms of an anxiety attack
In the case of anxiety attacks we must remember that it is an episode of nerves that can appear in the most common and apparently calm situations of our daily life.
- The symptoms of an anxiety attack usually occur in a maximum period, generally, of 10 minutes and it is a pain that occurs in the chest area and is intermittent: as it comes it goes and vice versa.
- In these episodes you will also notice
- When you are suffering from an anxiety attack, people have irrational fears, like going crazy.
However, in case you are not sure if you have a heart attack or anxiety, it is best to go immediately to the doctor , but waiting will not be a good idea in any case.
As you can imagine, if you are suffering from a heart attack and you do not go to the doctor it can quickly end in death.
On the other hand, if you have an anxiety attack and you do not treat yourself, the intensity of the attacks may increase, something that, in any case, can be improved if you go to a specialist.