The onion, that vegetable that many love and other large amount of people see with suspicion in daily meals, belongs to the Liliaceae family and generally, because of its strong flavor, it is only used as a condiment in the daily foods of each home in the world. However,
First of all, we must know that there are several benefits that the onion gives us, and then we present several .
Benefits of onion
- It contains large amounts of allicin , an element known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, as well as to promote circulation.
- It has anti-cancer properties .
- It reduces the levels of glucose in the blood.
Now, with this already in mind, we can begin to talk about the ways in which the onion can be taken advantage of, beyond placing it as a condiment in the meals.
One of the most popular, and the one we are going to touch on this occasion, is onion juice.
Yes, his name does not sound very pleasant, but his preparation is quite simple and the contributions he gives to the body are quite broad.
The first thing is to get two or three onions of medium or large size , depending on the amount of juice you want to extract.
Immediately afterwards we have to locate certain utensils so as not to complicate ourselves more than the account when preparing the drink.
- 1 sharp knife,
- 1 juice extractor or blender,
- 1 medium glass jar,
- 1 strainer that fits the jar.
- Cut both ends of the onions and remove the outer layer.
- Wash them well.
- Cut them into six parts.
- Add the pieces in the extractor or blender and process for a few minutes.
- Strain the juice and pour it into the container.
Already with our juice prepared, we can go on to talk about its qualities and at what moment to consume it and with what sense.
It is usually used to strengthen the hair in the long term. From the juice that we extracted, about 20 ml are taken and applied to the scalp. Then, we massage the area for 20 minutes, looking for the liquid to expand throughout the areas.
After completing these two steps, we let the mask work in the area for, more or less, an hour before washing the hair normally.
This process must be applied at least three times a week . Thus, the results will be seen in the second month of application.
It can also be used on the skin. Some grandparents recommend that a bit of onion be placed on an area that has suffered burns . Younger people usually look at them, do not they?
How right the elders have always been. The difference is that we are going to use a slightly less rudimentary method.
First, we prepare an ointment. Place a spoonful of the onion extract in a cup with another spoonful of honey. All this we have to combine to get a homogeneous mixture.
It is applied in the following way:
- Place the mask of onion juice and
- Wait 20 minutes and wash with plenty of water.
- It is very important to protect yourself from the sun, to achieve the desired results.
- Repeat once a week until the marks disappear.
These are the two most common ways in which you can implement onion juice. However, we will place other ones that you could take advantage of.
When there are insect bites the juice is quite useful as it reduces the itching in the affected area, so it reduces the discomfort.
And, to finish, it is also good when it comes to fighting the fungus on the skin. It should only be applied for about 15 minutes daily until the fungus disappears.