Every day our skin is exposed to many factors that can weaken it, affect its beauty and little by little deteriorate its health. Exposure to free radicals from pollution, cigarette smoke, high and low temperatures, UV rays, food, among others, can steal moisture from the skin and gradually accelerate . Having dry skin is not an option for any of us and obviously we are going to want to look for an adequate way to take care of our skin and return it to the moisturization that makes it look healthy. Luckily nowadays there are many cares that we can have with the skin, to favor its hydration and to make it look always soft, smooth and young.
If you are one of those who tend to suffer from dry skin, keep in mind that this type of skin requires more care and precautions. Next we give you all the steps to combat the dryness and get the skin so desired.
Tips for a soft, smooth and young skin
- If you are someone who enjoys a hot bath either in the morning or at the end of the day, keep in mind that although it can be relaxing, you are not doing your skin any favors. Hot water and prolonged time in the shower are reducing the natural oils of the skin and this causes and worsens the situation of dryness. Opt for the shower of warm water, for no more than 15 minutes. Of course, if you choose , much better.
- When it’s time to clean and dry the skin, act very gently and take into account the products you use for cleaning. If your case is dry skin, try to use a cleanser that is specially designed to combat dryness. Apply it gently with a sponge to obtain better results. If deodorants or antiperspirant sprays are used, keep in mind that it should be used exclusively in the armpits; using them in other areas of the body can be harmful to the skin. Finally, when the time comes to dry the skin, always do it by patting gently, not rubbing.
- After drying the skin, keep its moisture by applying moisturizing creams, which contain hyaluronic acid, lanolin, mineral oil and / or petrolatum. These ingredients are essential to combat dry skin. But in addition, you can also opt for the natural alternative, using essential oils or a
- It is convenient to do a regular exfoliation to the skin, at least once a week. In the market there are many exfoliating products, but their chemical compounds can further affect the dry skin. It is for this reason that it is advisable to make a homemade exfoliant with natural ingredients that moisturize, protect the skin and eliminate dead cells.
- Keep a healthy diet, rich in Try to increase fruits and vegetables to the diet, as well as healthy fats such as omega 3.
- Remember to drink at least two liters of water a day, this helps you keep more hydrated and it will undoubtedly be noticed on your skin.
Moisturizing mask for a young skin
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of honey
What should you do?
Mix all the ingredients very well and then apply it on the skin. Leave on for 15 minutes and remove it with cold water.
Exfoliating mask for dry skin
This mask is ideal to and eliminate dead cells that accumulate due to the different factors that we expose ourselves to on a daily basis. Its ingredients hydrate the skin, clean it deeply and help to combat premature aging.
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ orange juice
What should you do?
Mix all the ingredients very well in a container to form a kind of paste. Once it is ready, apply it on the skin clean, making gentle circular massage. Let it act for 15 minutes and remove it with cold water.