The lighting is an important part in the decoration , since it complements the same and gives life and luminosity to the environment. The problem is that lamps are usually very expensive. Well, with bottles and bottles you can make them yourself in a similar way to those you find in the store.
In addition, you can let your imagination fly and place your personal taste in each design, which will make them unique and transmit your thinking and your way of being and feeling.
3 types of lamps to decorate your house
1.- Lamps with bottles and bottles
Both with bottles and bottles that you no longer use you can make these beautiful lamps ideal for a romantic and cozy atmosphere. In this case, we recommend caramel colored bottles with a slightly wide mouth. In addition, you can combine them with bottles or jars of different shades. It is an excellent idea for Christmas decorations.
- Bottle (1)
- Wide mouth bottle (1)
- Christmas lights (2)
- Rustic cord (1 m)
How it is done:
- First of all wash and dry the bottle and the bottle very well.
- Then place the lights inside and accommodate them.
- Finally finish the decoration three times with the rustic string at the edge of the bottle and the bottle.
2.- Oil lamp with flasks
For this type of lamps you will need jars, since the mouth must be wide to fill them with oil. Also, you can draw different shapes, hearts or just circles. You can use colors of your liking or those that feel better to the space in which you want to place them.
- White jars (2)
- Nail polish colors of choice.
- Cork (1)
- Water (500 ml)
- Cooking oil (500 ml)
- Permanent marker
How it is done:
- First draw on the bottle with the permanent marker the desired design.
- Then paint with the nail polish that same design and let it dry.
- Then cut a slice of cork about 3 cm thick with the cutter.
- Then make a circular hole in the center with the scissors.
- Take the cotton and make a band-aid with it.
- Moisten the strip with oil.
- Pass it through the hole in the cork and let the cotton stick out on both sides (just like a lighter).
- Put the water (500 ml) into the bottle.
- Then place the oil (500 ml).
- Finally, place the lighter in the center.
- Ready! It only needs to be turned on.
3.- Lamp with bottles
With glass bottles and a wooden stand you can make a standing lamp that can be used to beautify a room or a reading corner. You can combine bottles of different shapes and colors or look for them all the same. The number of bottles can also vary, depending on the taste or the graduation in the intensity of the desired light.
- Wooden support with a vertical axis of 1 m that is hollow in its interior
- 20 cm wooden cylinders that are hollow inside (9)
- Glass bottles (9)
- Glue for wood
- Cables (9, 1 m each)
- Lampholder (9)
- Lights (9)
How it is done:
- First locate the wooden base.
- Make holes on each side of the vertical axis, 5 on the left and 4 on the right, then paste the cylinders.
- Next, glue the cylinders in the holes made in the base with wood glue. Take into account that you have to leave the space of the center free.
- Pass the cables through the hollow interior of the vertical base and the cylinders. In this way they will be hidden.
- Then locate a lampholder at each end of each cylinder.
- Finally, place a bottle in each cylinder.
As you have seen, from bottles and bottles you can make different types of lamps at a low cost. What are you waiting to decorate every corner of your house? Try to make them and have fun making your own objects for the house!