Did you know that you can prepare your own garlic and lemon ointment for varicose veins? It is natural and homemade and, in addition, it is very effective if we use it with constancy. In this way, you will be able to have beautiful young legs and prevent this circulation problem.
In this article we share the recipe for this cream, as well as the properties of garlic and lemon. These two medicinal foods also stand out for their incredible benefits as ingredients in homemade cosmetics. Try this ointment! It is simple and you will be surprised by its results.
A complete natural treatment for varicose veins should take into account different factors:
- Balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts
- Regular physical exercise
- Elimination of bad habits (tobacco, alcohol)
- Avoid being many hours in the same position, sitting or standing
- Use of appropriate clothing and footwear
- Supplements or medicinal plants to improve circulation and venous return
In addition to taking into account these guidelines and tips, we can complement our natural treatment with this very simple home remedy . It is a garlic and lemon ointment for varicose veins very effective that we can do ourselves at home and very economically.
To make this ointment we will use 5 ingredients with very beneficial properties to prevent and treat varicose veins:
- Garlic: Garlic is very effective in treating varicose veins both on the outside and inside. This superfood has a potent vasodilating and fluidifying effect on the blood that promotes circulation.
- Lemon: The
- Olive oil: Olive oil is the oily base of our ointment. It gives an appropriate texture to the lotion so that we can apply it easily, as well as allowing us to macerate the garlic. In this way, we do not have to use garlic directly. Its monounsaturated fats nourish the skin in depth while providing flexibility.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera, besides being the ideal ingredient to emulsify the oil and facilitate its application, also provides freshness and calms inflammation. It provides hydration and protects the skin from the outside.
We can use the natural gel of the penca of the plant or buy it. However, it should be as pure as possible.
- Rosemary essential oil: The last ingredient of our ointment is improving circulation and favor a good oxygenation of the area where we apply it.
In addition, it also fulfills the function of improving the odor of our ointment and disguising that of garlic. If we do not have this oil we can also add fresh leaves of the plant to the maceration with oil and garlic.
Garlic and lemon ointment for varicose veins
- 10 cloves of garlic
- The juice 1 lemon
- 1 glass of olive oil (200 ml)
- ½ glass of aloe vera gel (100 ml)
- 20 drops of rosemary essential oil
What should you do?
Here are the steps to develop this natural lotion:
- To start, peel the garlic and chop it.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon.
- Introduce the two ingredients together with the olive oil in a glass jar and shake it to emulsify it. Then, close it tightly.
- Allow this preparation to marinate for 21 days in a dark place .
- After three weeks, strain the liquid and discard the garlic.
- Add the aloe vera gel to the macerated oil and mix well to obtain an ointment texture.
- Incorporate rosemary essential oil to improve the aroma of this garlic and lemon ointment for varicose veins.
- Every night, before going to bed, we can apply this garlic and lemon ointment to the varicose veins in the affected areas and cover them with a bandage or cloth.
- If the smell does not bother us, we can repeat the application in the morning.
This treatment is effective if we are constant and have patience. In addition to helping us stop the spread of varicose veins, it will also be useful in preventing small spider veins from appearing to get worse .