The Andalusian gazpacho is typical of southern Spain; It is a cold soup, and is highly recommended in slimming diets, since it has hardly any calories. It is a very refreshing and moisturizing dish, as it provides a lot of water, and what is best is full of nutrients, especially vitamins, minerals, antioxidants such as lycopene, present in tomatoes and fiber.
For the realization of the gazpacho you will need:
– 1 kilo of ripe tomatoes
– 1/2 small onion
– 1 garlic
– 1 large cucumber
– 1 large Italian green pepper
– 100 grams of bread from the previous day
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Choose onions that do not sting and be careful to eliminate the internal germ, both onion and garlic, so they do not repeat.
– You can peel the cucumber or not; Some even leave a little skin.
– Choose ripe tomatoes , pear or branch; against more ripe and red, the more intense the red color of the soup.
– If the texture is not the desired one, you can add a glass of water, since it depends on the taste of each person. You can also leave plenty of each ingredient, chopped very small, and serve them in the gazpacho.
– The oil, salt and vinegar, depend on the taste of each person – my ratio is 1 teaspoon of salt, 4 tablespoons of vinegar and 4-5 extra virgin olive oil, vary it to your liking.
– Keep in mind that if you add the bread, you will have a gazpacho with a slightly lighter color and if you beat the ingredients together with the oil, it will also lose color; It is better that you add it after shake and pour the gazpacho.
Wash the tomatoes and pepper , stripping the latter of seeds and nerves, peel the cucumber and chop all the ingredients, along with the onion and garlic.
On the other hand, place the bread to soak in a glass of water, so that it absorbs all the liquid, and when it has done, add the bread without water, along with the rest of ingredients to a blender preferably glass and whisk all strong power ingredients. If you do not have this type of blender, you can add them to a traditional blender, nothing else that will cost you a little more time and perseverance, beat the ingredients.
Now you must pass the resulting soup for a Chinese, to remove the thicker pulp and the gazpacho is finer. If the texture seems too fat, add a glass of water. Do not forget to pour salt, vinegar and oil at this time and mix well with a wooden spoon, to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.