Green tea ice cream can be enjoyed in many ways; and is that green tea is a very versatile ingredient that supports several combinations, from mint to chocolate. Now, in the case that we do not usually drink tea, when preparing it in the form of ice cream we can take the first step and begin to habituate, little by little, to its taste, in a very easy way.
Here we present a series of recipes that you will find very pleasant and refreshing from the first moment you try them. And you will have several options, according to your preferences and nutritional habits: with dairy products and without them.
Also, everyone has the option to include a certain amount of sweetener to make the sweet ice cream.
Green tea ice cream, type ‘polo’
- 4 bags of green tea (10 g)
- Water (the necessary)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (15 g)
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Optional: honey from bees.
- We squeeze the lemons to get the juice. We reserve
- We put water to boil in a small pot (the amount will depend on the poles we want to obtain).
- When the boiling point is reached, we lower the flame to a minimum and add tea bags and Cover the pot and let stand with the low heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the tea cool down at room temperature. When it is completely cold, we add the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into the container or mold that we have prepared for the ice cream, and take it to the freezer for about 4 hours.
- When serving, we can add honey as a syrup.
Ice cream green tea and Greek yogurt
- Mineral water
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (90 g)
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt (500 ml)
- 3 bags of matcha green tea (8 g approx)
- Substitutes: instead of Greek yogurt you can use bifidus and instead of sugar, you can use honey.
- Prepare matcha tea according to the indications of the envelope. Let cool to room temperature .
- Apart, we put in a container all the and sugar. Next, we mix everything with the help of a spoon and, once we have the matcha tea completely cold, we add it to the mixture.
- Cover the container and take it to refrigerate for at least 4 hours to settle the flavors.
- Once this time has elapsed, we proceed to beat the ingredients with the hand blender until a consistent texture is obtained. This process can take about 15 or 20 minutes.
- It is taken to the freezer for another 2 or 3 hours and ready.
- When serving, you can decorate with a little honey, coconut or chocolate zest, seeds,
Supercream green tea ice cream
- 3 buds
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (30 g)
- 1½ glass of milk (300 ml)
- 1 glass of cream (200 ml)
- 4 tea bags matcha (10 g)
- As in the previous recipe, the first thing to do is prepare matcha tea . Once we have it very cold, we proceed to mix it together with the 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Next, we add 2 tablespoons of milk (30 ml) and continue mixing to form a paste.
- Apart, we put the rest of the milk in a pot to heat over medium heat, without letting it reach the boiling point.
- When the milk has finished heating, we add the mixture of sugar and tea. We stir constantly until all the ingredients are incorporated perfectly .
- In a bowl, we knock the
- Pour the beaten eggs to the milk mixture and other ingredients. We continue stirring to avoid that the mixture sticks and barely breaks the boil. Then turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- We mount the cream and add it, little by little, to the tea mixture . We will get a kind of cream. Now, we beat everything again for a couple of minutes.
- We take the mixture to the freezer for about 3 or 4 hours, approximately.
- Serve with chocolate syrup or, chocolate in pieces .
We recommend opting for a type of chocolate without milk, and preferably with a high percentage of cocoa. However, in the end you can use almost any variety. Everything will depend on our taste.