Onion is one of the natural ingredients that, due to its nutritional properties, can help us accelerate the recovery of coughs and other respiratory problems.
Rich in antioxidants, natural anti-inflammatories and antibiotic compounds, it is a vegetable that helps to fight effectively the viruses and bacteria that attack the respiratory tract.
The most interesting thing is that, unlike some conventional products, it does not cause unwanted reactions and can be combined with several ingredients that improve immune health.
This, in conjunction with its controls sore throat and reduces excessive production of phlegm.
Do you know how to use it? Do not stop trying the following natural remedies.
Onion syrup and honey
By combining the nutrients of the onion with the antibiotic properties of honey, we can obtain a natural syrup to reduce cough and eliminate phlegm.
- 1 onion
- ½ cup of honey from bees (167 g)
- Chop the onion into small slices and insert it into a glass jar.
- Next, pour the honey from bees and make sure you completely cover the vegetable.
- Cover the jar and let it sit for 12 hours, in a cool, dark place.
- Eat a spoonful of syrup on an empty stomach and repeat your intake 2 or 3 times a day.
- Take it daily to relieve the cough.
Onion and garlic tea
The mixture of onion and garlic in a hot drink helps us to reduce irritation of the throat and excess production of phlegm that accompanies the cough.
Its vitamins and minerals strengthen the defenses and help improve the response against pathogenic microorganisms that attack the .
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Cut the onion and garlic, and put them to boil in a pot with cups of water.
- When it reaches a boil, lower the heat, and leave it 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Remove the drink and let it rest at room temperature until it is suitable for consumption.
- Strain and serve it.
- Eat a cup of tea on an empty stomach and repeat your consumption before going to bed.
- Repeat the remedy every day until controlling cough.
Smoothie of onion, garlic and carrot
This shake with onion is a drink full of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients that help strengthen the immune system to effectively fight coughs and respiratory infections.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 branches of celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- Wash all the ingredients, remove the peels and cut them into several pieces.
- Insert them into the glass of the blender and add the cups of water.
- Process everything for a few minutes, until you get a homogeneous drink.
- Take a cup of smoothie on an empty stomach and repeat your intake in the middle of the afternoon and before going to bed.
- Repeat its consumption every day until relieving cough.
- You can take it as a preventive 2 or 3 times a week.
Onion and lemon juice
The natural onion juice is an helps us treat the respiratory infections that cause cough.
In this case we propose to combine it with a little lemon juice to enhance its nutritional properties and strengthen the defenses.
- ½ onion
- The juice of ½ lemon
- Cut half onion and pass through a juice extractor.
- After obtaining the natural juice, mix it with the juice of half a lemon.
- Eat 2 or 3 tablespoons of onion juice with lemon on an empty stomach and, if you like, repeat the same dose in the middle of the afternoon.
- Ingest it every day until the problem is alleviated.
If you are dealing with these symptoms, do not hesitate to prepare the remedy that most catches your attention.