The egg is a superfood. Its nutritional values make it essential in a balanced and healthy diet.
However, its high nutrient content also allows us to use it topically for the natural care of our hair .
Discover in this article how we can use the egg to improve capillary health.
The egg is a healthy, complete and balanced food that we can eat regularly to obtain a good amount of proteins and healthy fats .
It has the advantages of animal protein but it is more gentle, healthy and digestive.
Likewise, the egg is also an essential ingredient in our natural and home remedies . We can use it on the skin, hair and nails to provide nutrients and combat some disorders.
In addition, it contains essential amino acids that our organism does not manufacture and, therefore, we can only contribute with food.
The egg contains the following nutrients:
- Fatty acids
- Essential amino acids
- Vitamins (A, group B, D, E)
- Minerals (phosphorus, iron, zinc, selenium)
Why is the egg good for the hair?
The following nutrients are very beneficial for our hair, whether we consume them or apply them:
- Proteins: They ensure a good capillary structure so that the hair is strong and voluminous.
- Amino acids: They favor good hair growth.
- Fatty acids: Nourish the hair from the root to the tips to combat dry and frizzy hair and split ends.
- (vitamin B9) and iron: Prevent hair loss.
- Zinc: Necessary for strong hair.
- Biotin (vitamin B7): One of the best vitamins for hair health.
By using the egg as a hair product instead of other conventional products we also avoid some components such as silicones, parabens or sulphates .
These provide an apparent hydration at the time. However, long-term dry, irritate or weaken our hair, as well as being harmful to our health.
The yolk and dry hair
We can take advantage of it in three different ways:
- If we usually use a conventional shampoo and we have very dry hair, we can use the egg yolk daily.
We just have to mix the shampoo we are going to use with the yolk . In this way we get a very cleansing, foamy but much more nutritious shampoo.
- The egg yolk can be an excellent conditioner for our dry hair , as it leaves it soft and hydrated.
However, so that there are no remains or egg odor we recommend using it before shampooing. We will achieve an ideal effect and the hair will be clean as after each wash.
- As a more intensive treatment we can prepare a nutritious mask with egg yolk combined with some vegetable oil (coconut, almond, jojoba, olive, argan).
We will apply it to all the hair and let it act for half an hour, at least.
For oily hair
- To use it clearly we recommend to beat it a little before applying it, which we will always do before washing. We will let it act for 20 minutes.
- To wash our hair after using the clear we should always do it with warm or fresh water . If we use hot water the white will become solid and white and will get tangled in our hair.
For normal hair
Normal hair can receive very well the nutrients of both the white and the yolk, since both are very balanced to provide what the hair needs.
- We will only have to beat the egg, apply it to all the hair and let it act, at least 20 minutes.
- We can wear this mask once a week .
In this way we will have a radiant hair and we will also avoid its fall.