Hypertension is a scourge in recent decades, mainly in the Western population, with inadequate life habits for their control (sedentary lifestyle and inadequate nutrition) .
Hypertension itself is a problem, but especially because of the direct consequences it produces in the rest of the body, why? Because the circulation of blood through the organs (heart, kidneys) and the arteries of the arms and legs at a greater pressure than it can cause severe damage . Imagine some pipes where the water circulates or try to circulate at a higher pressure and intensity than the system is prepared to withstand.
Although it is true that pharmacological treatment is currently necessary for the control of a series of hypertension (called “essential hypertension”), caused by problems in the production of substances necessary for its balance, there are other types of hypertension due to bad behavior with respect to our body.
That is our battlefield. We must introduce a series of dietary and nutritional standards that, helped by very effective natural remedies , will allow us to fight and regulate our high blood pressure.
First step: How are we going to control our diet?
General rules necessary to include in our daily food routine:
- An increase in the proportion of calcium in our diet
- An increase in potassium consumption
- A the consumption of our salt level
- A reduction in alcohol consumption ( recently it has been proven that there is no reason to think that moderate consumption – the classic glass of daily wine – protect or reduce blood pressure)
- Controlling diet is essential: especially in overweight or obese patients . For this we have to opt for low-calorie diets (
- Eliminate sweets, creams, industrial pastries, cookies, sauces, trinkets …
- Reduce saturated fats (sausages, fatty meats, fatty or cured cheeses, cream or whole milk).
- Increase vegetables, fruits, vegetables and cereals. preferably whole (foods rich in fiber and low in sugars).
- Consume olive oil between 30 to 40 ml per day (or
How to increase calcium intake?
Since we are not interested in gaining weight or entering fats in the body, we will focus on the consumption of:
- Vegetables: It is interesting to remember that moringa (leaves or seed oil) provides a level of calcium of the order of 4 times higher than that of milk .
- Legumes: White beans, chickpeas and lentils.
How to increase the consumption of potassium?
We must consume at least 2 – 3 pieces of fruit (banana or banana) per day to optimize our blood pressure
Second step: What natural remedies to take? In what amount?
Among the natural remedies that we can use to maintain some control of our hypertension are the following:
- In the western world the is known for its antihypertensive action, its oil is highly recommended for consumption. The leaves can be prepared during cooking, or the powder thereof can be consumed in capsules. The dose of oil intake varies depending on the quality of it.
- In Indian medicine (traditional and Ayurvedic medicine) oil is used, parallel to olive oil and even higher. As in olive oil, the dose of oil intake varies depending on the quality of the oil.
- , dilates arteries (imagine that our “pipes” expand their capacity) and prevents the formation of thrombi in them, so it reduces hypertension. It is preferable to consume them raw. The indicated dose is one clove of raw garlic a day. It can also be taken in the form of garlic capsules.
- is a powerful vasodilator, so it is one of the best remedies to improve blood circulation. It also inhibits the sedimentation of platelets in the arteries, which makes the blood circulate more fluidly. The usual dose is about 120 mg of extract per day, divided into three doses.
- Hawthorn infusion. Pour a cup of boiling water on 2 teaspoons of hawthorn flowers and let stand for 25 minutes. Convenient dose : one cup three times a day.
- We can also use the dose is 500 mg, once or twice a day.
Conclusion: hypertension, a battle with several fronts
Finally, remember that we have many natural remedies that will help us reduce our blood pressure , but we must combine it wisely with a change in our lifestyle . It is necessary to go from being completely sedentary to having some activity to control our weight and promote cardiocirculatory activity. What does this mean? that in addition to the diet (nutrition plus naturopathy) you have to do regular soft exercises such as brisk walking, mountain walks, cycling, etc.
Physical activity will encourage the energy and caloric intake of our body, promoting increased secretion of certain hormones that help normalize our blood pressure levels and purify our blood through an increase in urine volume (
To also consider, that those who are subjected to a pharmacological treatment should never suppress said treatment , the natural treatment helps but it does not substitute in case of severe hypertension.