The ears are one of those parts of our body that we do not usually pay much attention to.
Until you accidentally notice a bulge behind one of them you do not begin to reflect on the scant care you give them.
There are several types of lumps or protuberances that sprout behind the ears and, although it does not look like it, its appearance is quite frequent.
Detecting these lumps is difficult because, in general, they do not hurt, they do not sting, nor do you perceive any discomfort.
Is it something serious?
Generally these formations do not pose any danger to your health. However, a medical examination is recommended in order to obtain an appropriate diagnosis.
Even so, you should consider certain factors before downplaying it:
- If the lump that appeared in your ear is very large or increases in size quickly, visit a specialist.
- Small, round bumps are almost always innocuous, but take precautions if they have an irregular shape or if you feel them moving.
- Also be alert to a change in color or if there is a discharge in the lump, and if one or more lumps appear in other parts of the body.
Common causes of having a lump behind the ear
These are responsible for providing defenses to our body and, in the presence of harmful microbes or bacteria, react by becoming inflamed . This also happens when we have a viral infection.
Another reason why these lymph nodes swell is related to neck injuries.
Apart from the inflammation of the lymph nodes, a lump may develop behind the ear when a cutaneous follicle becomes infected and becomes clogged giving way to the formation of a sebaceous cyst.
- sebáceos ceden con tratamiento médico y, en muy pocos casos, requieren una cirugía menor para extirparlos. Sebaceous
The bulges behind the ears can also be generated from the excessive production of accumulated fat on the skin that causes acne. These are characterized by having a black or red tip.
What can I do before the appearance of a lump behind the ear?
Frequently this type of protuberances disappear without you having to do anything. However, there are some cases that require treatment with topical medications.
There are natural remedies that you can use to subtract the proliferation of opportunistic bacteria and microbes.
This plant is known for its antibacterial properties, which make it your best ally in the face of the appearance of a lump behind the ear.
- 2 leaves of aloe vera
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Cut the aloe vera leaves and extract the internal gel.
- y agrega la media taza de agua. In a bowl place the gel and add half a cup of water.
- Mix both ingredients until a doughy consistency is achieved.
- Apply on the lump behind the ear and let it act for 10 minutes, or until it dries.
- Repeat twice a day.
Castor oil and dandelion
y sus propiedades bactericidas son fundamentales para eliminar la infección que puede aparecer en la zona. Ricin is one of the main active components and its bactericidal properties are essential to eliminate the infection that may appear in the area.
For its part, the dandelion has anti-inflammatory properties, so that, in combination with castor oil, can fight with maximum effectiveness behind the ear lump.
- 1 spoonful of dried dandelion leaves (10 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- 1 spoon of castor oil (15 g)
- Heat a cup of water and, when it reaches a boil, add the dried leaves of a dandelion and let it infuse for 10 minutes.
- After the indicated time, remove from heat, let cool and put the leaves in a separate container.
- Add the castor oil to the leaves and mix well until a paste is obtained.
- Apply the ointment on the affected area, cover with gauze or cotton and leave on overnight.
- Repeat this procedure for a week.
It contains acetic acid, a component of powerful action against infections and bacteria.
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- Bandage or tape
- Soak the cotton in the .
- Fix it on the bundle behind the ear with the bandage or espadrapo and leave for 2 days.
- After the indicated time, remove the bandage. You may notice that a scab has formed, which will fall on its own within a few days.
- When this happens, wash the area with neutral soap to some antiseptic.
- Next place another bandage, but without apple cider vinegar
A couple of days later the infection and the lump will have disappeared.