Knee pain can appear at any age. Not only is it associated with classic osteoarthritis ; Sometimes, a bad movement, a problem in the cartilage or even a small cyst results in this condition.
The essential thing in these cases is to have an adequate diagnosis and a medical treatment adjusted to our particular needs .
The treatment received by an athlete will not be the same as that of an older person with a more sedentary life: the main thing, without a doubt, is to be prudent and always follow the advice of the experts.
, o incluso echar mano de la siempre sabia naturaleza capaz de mejorar nuestra calidad de vida en ese proceso de recuperación. On the other hand, it never hurts to continue in our house some other home remedy , or even take advantage of the always wise nature capable of improving our quality of life in this recovery process.
Today in our space we want to give you 4 good advice and 3 warnings that can help you.
We encourage you to take note.
1. Rest: do not risk making the situation worse
One of the biggest problems we usually have when knee pain appears is to mentalize what our body needs and obey it: and what it demands is rest.
- Any overload or bad movement will suppose to intensify the pain and to damage even more that structure where it is located in problem: ligaments , meniscus, bones …
- We know that exercise is positive, that walking prevents many of these joint problems, but when the problem has already appeared there is no point in forcing the joint.
- It will be necessary to establish a prudential period of rest in order to start, little by little and in a harmonious way, recovery therapy based on swimming or physiotherapy.
The most important thing is not to go for a walk on a stony or irregular terrain: we risk a fall.
Discover also how to regenerate the cartilage
2. Remedy to strengthen your tendons
- One cup of quick-cooking oatmeal (150 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 cup of pineapple juice (250 ml)
- 1 cup of orange juice (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (7 g)
- This simple, tasty and nutritious remedy will help us to care for and regenerate the tendons of the knees.
- The only thing we have to do is take all the ingredients to our blender and get a well homogeneous drink.
- Then take it to a glass bottle and drink it in 3 shots: one in the morning, another at noon and another two hours before going to bed.
3. Massage of apple cider vinegar and olive oil
Apple cider vinegar is also very effective in relieving and treating knee pain.
- Its “magic” is in its alkalizing effect, and its ability to dissolve the accumulation of harmful toxins that are concentrated in our joints when they are inflamed.
- If we combine apple cider vinegar with olive oil we will have a fabulous anti-inflammatory remedy.
- To do this, all you have to do is apply a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a little olive oil to a cotton cloth.
Then apply on your knee doing a circular massage. You can repeat it 3 times a day.
4. Remedy with nettles and lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons of nettles (80 g)
- 1 liter of water
- The juice of 1 lemon
Nettle tea has always been a fabulous remedy for inflammation and joint pain.
- Something as simple as combining the nettles with the juice of a lemon will allow us to have a natural depurative treatment, rich in vitamin C to regenerate the cartilage and ideal to try to recover physically and mentally.
- To prepare this medicinal water what we will do, first of all, a good infusion with those the . Let it sit on the fire for 20 minutes and let another 10 rest.
- After that time, strain the content and stay with the infused water.
- Finally, add the juice of one lemon and the remaining half a liter of water. Drink throughout the day, it will be very good for you.
Discover how to awaken the vagus nerve to enjoy a better quality of life
3 things you should NOT do when you suffer knee pain
Beware of cold-heat therapy
We have all heard that cold-heat therapy is very appropriate to reduce pain and inflammatory processes.
However, we must be cautious: during the first 48-72 hours it is better to avoid hot compresses , because what we would do is intensify the problem.
Ideally, do the following the first few days:
- Apply cold gel compresses.
- Apply a compressive bandage.
- Keep resting with your leg up.
Beware of the footwear we use
If you suffer knee pain on a regular basis, it is necessary that you attend the type of footwear that you use or, more than the footwear, your templates.
- Although footwear is not a trigger for knee pain, it can exacerbate it.
- It is advisable to go to a specialist to inform us about the type of template that would be appropriate for our particular problem.
There are padded insoles that regulate the impact of the foot on the floor and relieve knee pain.
Read also how to prepare this shake to strengthen your bones
Beware of ginger supplements
We know that ginger is the most useful medicinal root to reduce the pain associated with inflammatory processes.
However, we must remember two simple aspects before taking the classic ginger supplements:
- If we already take anti-inflammatories by medical prescription it will not be appropriate to combine them with ginger.
- If you suffer from hypertension, it is advisable to avoid this plant.
Keep in mind that all medication can interfere with this type of natural plants. The most prudent thing is to always consult a specialist.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com