When we learn to prepare a delicious lemon cake with cream, we not only offer pleasure . And, as we all know, lemon is a citrus fruit that has a lot of properties that benefit the body. Therefore, what better way to use them than to include this fruit in our desserts?
Because of its versatility, it supports different forms of preparation and combinations. In sweets, drinks, salads and sauces, eating it always ends up being a delicacy. Lemon contains calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, citric acid, bioflavonoids and pectin, elements that especially favor the immune system.
Lemon cake stuffed with cream
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 1 beaten egg (60 g).
- 1/2 cup of sugar (100 g)
- 6 cups flour (600 g)
- 4 tablespoons of milk (80 mL)
- 6 tablespoons butter (60 g)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (50 g)
- 1 spoonful of grated lemon peel (10 g).
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 1/4 cup of sugar (25 g).
- 2 beaten eggs (180 g).
- 1/2 stick of butter (50 g).
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (60 mL).
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch (10 g).
Preparation of the filling
- The butter and sugar are mixed in a bowl next to the lemon juice.
- They are cooked in a water bath until the sugar dissolves.
- The corn starch dissolved in a spoon of water or lemon juice and the eggs are incorporated into the mixture.
- It is cooked by stirring until it thickens, without boiling.
- Let cool and reserve.
Preparation of the dough
- After sifting flour and baking powder together, add salt and sugar.
- Add the butter and dissolve with a fork or food processor.
- Add the egg, milk and grated lemon peel.
- Knead only what is necessary to join the ingredients.
- The dough is divided into two equal parts. Both are placed on a floured table and stretched. One is used to line a mold of 26 centimeters in diameter, previously greased.
- The filling is poured over the dough and with the other part the cake and filling are covered. The edges should be closed very well.
- For 35 minutes it is cooked in the oven, preheated to 180 ° C.
- Allow to cool before removing it from the mold.
Lemon cake and cold cream
Ingredients for lemon cream
- Grated 2 lemons.
- 1 cup of sugar (100 g).
- 3 medium eggs (180 g).
- 1 and a half cups of lemon juice (150 mL).
- 1 and a half cups of thick liquid cream (150 mL).
Ingredients for the base plate
- 1 tablespoon of water (10 mL).
- 1 and a half cups of flour (150 g).
- 2 and a half tablespoons of sugar (25 g).
- 2 sticks of butter (125 g).
Preparation of the cream
- In a bowl place the eggs, lemon zest and sugar. It is beaten by hand or with a blender until a foamy mixture is obtained.
- Add the liquid cream and continue whisking.
- Add the and continue beating everything mix well. Reserve.
How to prepare the dough for the base
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the sugar. Add the butter cut into cubes and press it with your fingers until you get a sticky paste. Add a spoonful of water and stir until you get a ball that is wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- On a floured work surface the dough is rolled out from the center outward and, from time to time, rotated 90 ° to spread it evenly. It is important that it does not stick to the work surface.
- With the rolling pin, spread the dough until you get a disc about 32 centimeters in diameter that is placed on a mold spread with butter. It is important to press the paste against the bottom and walls of the mold to achieve the best adhesion.
- After piercing the base of the pasta with a fork, refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- The pasta is lined with aluminum foil and dried weights or legumes are placed to prevent it from growing . It is placed in the center of the oven, preheated to 190 º centigrade, for 15 minutes.
- The aluminum foil and the weights are removed. The pasta is baked for 15 more minutes at the same temperature.
- Pour the cream into the base paste and bake another 20 minutes.
- Place it in the center of the oven, at 190 ° C, until the cream sets.
- Remove the lemon cake from the oven and let it cool at room temperature for a while before taking it to cool for a while in the fridge.
- It is served sprinkled with icing sugar (optional).