One of the recommendations regarding hair care is not to rinse it every day, since excess moisture, especially on the scalp, can cause some aggressions.
Despite this, some are forced to wash it continuously, since their sebaceous glands produce too much fat in the roots , giving it a dirty and sticky appearance.
The problem is that not all have enough time to provide the necessary attention and, sometimes, have to go to work wearing an unsightly and greasy mane.
Fortunately, beauty professionals have given great importance to this issue and, for some years, have developed cosmetic products that help fight it without the need for special rinses.
This is the case of the wonderful dry shampoos, available in different presentations to meet the needs of each one.
In this opportunity we want to tell you in detail what it is and how to prepare one with 100% natural ingredients.
What is a dry shampoo?
Dry shampoo is a product that came only a few years ago to the market, and became an alternative to take care of the hair without having to rinse it every day.
It is ideal to set hairstyles and increase the volume of hair, giving it a healthy, shiny and free of frizz or frizz .
It also has antifungal and antibacterial substances that create a protective barrier against dandruff and other common hair infections .
Although it is designed for those with oily hair, it can also be used on normal hair in those days when you do not want to use a common rinse.
On the other hand, its ingredients deodorize the hair, so they avoid the appearance of bad odors after exercising, or, on a day too hot.
How to prepare a dry shampoo with natural ingredients?
Although in the market and cosmetic stores there are several presentations of this interesting hair product, some prefer to try natural formulas because they consider them to be healthier.
This type of alternatives is more economical and less aggressive, since it does not contain strong chemicals and its ingredients are easily acquired.
It can be applied occasionally, for example, on those days where there is not enough time to with shampoo and treatments.
- 6 tablespoons of corn starch (60 g)
- 6 tablespoons of rice flour (60 g)
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda (30 g)
- 10 drops of liquid coconut oil
- 10 drops of mint essential oil
- 1 airtight glass jar
- Add the corn starch into the glass jar and mix with the and baking soda.
- Agitate it vigorously so that the three dry ingredients mix together.
- Next, add coconut oil and drops of peppermint oil, and continue stirring.
- Make sure that the components are well unified and proceed to use it.
- If you like you can decorate the bottle to load it in your cosmetic bag.
- When using it, stand in front of the mirror, separate the hair in several strands and spread a small amount of dry shampoo all over the scalp .
- Use your fingers to rub the dust on the roots, making gentle circular movements that facilitate their absorption.
- Then, apply it on the , always with moderate amounts so that there are no excesses.
- Let the product take effect for 5 or 10 minutes and, after this time, use a brush to remove white debris .
- Immediately you will feel a fresher, looser and more free of excess fat.
- Also, for its oil content, you will feel a very pleasant aroma.
Did you like the recipe? We invite you to prepare it at home so that you can see for yourself all the benefits for your hair.
Go ahead and incorporate it into your beauty routine and say goodbye to that uncomfortable feeling that produces excessive sebum segregation in the scalp.