The new gastronomic trends seek to combine delicious flavors and balanced diet so that health and pleasure go hand in hand.
In this way, more and more recipes made with healthy fats, no sugars, no flours and no dairy products are shared and very nutritious superfoods are promoted.
Discover in this article a simple recipe to make a light and digestive strawberry and almond mousse , without any milk and without sugar.
A mousse without dairy
Mousse recipes are usually made with cream or cream, ingredients that give flavor and creaminess to any dessert.
However, we can look for lighter alternatives that are also suitable for those who do not tolerate lactose, do not want to exceed fat or do not consume dairy products.
In this recipe we are going to substitute dairy products for , which is soft, creamy and very nutritious. We can buy it or do it ourselves at home.
Desserts without sugar
The problem with most desserts is the excess sugar they contain.
White sugar is considered a very harmful product for our health , since it alters, acidifies and decalcifies the organism, which can have repercussions in many disorders of all kinds.
Today we have many alternatives to , among which we can try different types of sweetness and textures for each recipe:
- Whole cane sugar
- Honey bee
- Agave syrup
- Cereal molasses
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
Benefits of this dessert
They are also rich in , folic acid, manganese, iodine and potassium.
Thanks to these nutritional values, eating strawberries regularly allows us to regulate blood cholesterol levels, prevent osteoporosis, combat constipation and improve vision.
Although it contains many calories, these become a great contribution of energy, and are not contraindicated in cases of overweight if we consume them in moderation, at the rate of a handful a day.
In addition, almonds are rich in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects us from aging, both outside and inside.
The almonds will allow us to avoid dairy products in this recipe, as they will add a lot of creaminess to the mousse .
Next we detail the recipe to elaborate this delicious and healthy strawberry mousse .
- 1 cup of raw almonds (150 g)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of refined liquid stevia (30 ml)
- 3 cups of strawberries (510 g)
Note: We recommend that the strawberries are organic , because if they are not grown naturally they usually contain a large amount of pesticides that penetrate the interior of the fruit through the delicate external pores.
- One hour before preparing this recipe we will put the raw almonds in soaking to activate them, which are more digestive and easy to cook.
- We will separate the whites from the yolks and we will assemble the first one until snow, until we get a creamy foam. We will reserve.
- Beat the almonds soaked with the glass of water for at least a minute, so that we get a pretty thick cream.
- We will add the try this preparation if we want to sweeten it a little more , since it will depend on our tastes and the sweetness of the fruit.
- Next, we will incorporate the egg whites to the fruit smoothie very gently, to mix both preparations without reducing the size of the whites.
- We will distribute the cream in glasses or the containers that we want to use, we will cover them and we will introduce them to the refrigerator.
- We must wait at least 24 hours before consuming this candy if we want it to have the right mousse texture.