The diet of oats has gained much popularity in recent years, since it represents a fast and effective way to lose kilos. Although it is a depurative plan , which can only be applied for a few days, it has become a good ally to lose weight.
While it is essential to improve overall , following this eating plan can help stimulate “fat burning” as summer approaches or some special event.
Oats, being one of the most complete cereals, provides nutrients that boost metabolic activity, digestion and other important processes that, in some way, intervene in the body mass index.
What is the diet of oats? What are your benefits to lose weight? Considering that many wish to try it, next we want to share in detail the most relevant aspects of the food and the recommended plan.
What is the diet of oats and what are their benefits?
Regular consumption of oats is one of the habits that contribute to improve body weight. Its inclusion in a balanced diet plan allows to improve digestion and prolong the sensation of satiety between meals.
The diet of oats proposes a detoxifying plan to reduce kilos and measures in a few days . It is a regimen whose nutritional value is below the requirements of the body, which is why it should not be applied for more than five days.
It basically consists of including this cereal in all the main meals of the day. Along with this is advised the intake of as fruits, vegetables and lean meats.
During the days of the diet, the consumption of other sources of carbohydrates such as rice, legumes or pasta is not allowed . Likewise, all sources of saturated fats and sugars must be eliminated.
Benefits of oats diet
Including oatmeal in the main meals of the day has many benefits for weight and health. Despite this, it is essential to remember that this regimen does not meet the characteristics of a balanced diet and, therefore, should not be extended for a long time.
In addition to being an effective plan to purify the body and “increase” the rate of metabolism, the diet of oats has other important benefits that are worth mentioning:
- It is very low in calories and has a satiating effect that prevents anxiety crises .
- Oats are an important source of energy that helps maintain good physical and mental performance.
- The carbohydrates in this food are slow in absorption, which helps prevent high spikes in blood sugar .
- Their contributions of , also called “good fats”, benefit cardiovascular and cerebral health.
- It is ideal to stimulate the elimination of retained liquids , since it has a diuretic effect in the body.
- Thanks to its significant contribution of dietary fiber, it promotes digestive functions and prevents constipation .
Oatmeal diet to lose between 3 and 5 kilos in 5 days
The effects of the diet of oats can vary in each person, depending on their age and metabolism. It is not recommended for teenagers or seniors , as it can be very restrictive for their needs.
There are many diet models to take advantage of the benefits of oats. However, in this case we propose slightly balanced menus to avoid falling into extremes .
- Three tablespoons of oatmeal, a cup of skimmed milk and a spoonful of raisins.
- A glass of oatmeal smoothie with vegetable milk and banana.
- A bowl of oats with ground nuts and raisins.
- Three tablespoons of oats and a bowl of chopped fruit.
- A glass of Greek yogurt with two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Half a plate of seasoned with olive oil and pepper to taste; a spoonful of oatmeal flakes and a small portion of chicken.
- A bowl of oatmeal soup and a serving of roasted chicken breast.
- Three tablespoons of oatmeal in water and a bowl of mixed salad with shredded chicken.
- Three tablespoons of oatmeal in water and a salad with tomato, lettuce and asparagus.
- Half a plate of stir-fried vegetables, a portion of chicken and a glass of oat milk.
- A Greek yogurt with two tablespoons of oatmeal and one serving of apple.
- A bowl of green salad and a glass of skim milk with oatmeal.
- A dish of chicken broth with vegetables and three tablespoons of oatmeal in water or milk.
- One serving of fish, half a plate of steamed vegetables and three tablespoons of oatmeal.
- A bowl of
Snacks for morning and afternoon
- A glass of oat milk and a handful of nuts.
- A chopped apple sprinkled with a spoonful of oatmeal.
- A milkshake of oatmeal, strawberries and banana.
- A bowl of oatmeal in milk.
- A fruit salad
As with other regimens, the diet of oats may have some side effects during and after its completion. It is possible that the rebound effect occurs at the end, so that some can recover kilos to return to normal eating habits.
To avoid gaining much weight and not lose the results achieved, it is essential to follow a and controlled in calories after completing this plan.