Herpes simplex is an infectious inflammatory disease caused by a virus that is characterized by the appearance of skin lesions formed by small blisters grouped in a cluster and surrounded by a red ring.
We present some tips to discover the causes and combat them and prevent them with food, medicinal plants and natural remedies.
Find the trigger
People who suffer from herpes may suffer from it frequently, and other people, or even their partners, may never suffer from it. This would show that the virus is latent in certain people , and that there are certain factors that trigger its appearance. It is important to discover what this factor is to avoid it in the next few occasions. The most recurrent issues are situations of
Beneficial and harmful foods
There are some foods that contain some nutrients that can cause, in some people, the appearance of herpes . We recommend avoiding them from the diet for a while to assess if this is really our case or not to consume them as soon as we notice the first symptoms:
On the other hand, the following foods can be very favorable:
Climbing the defenses
Since herpes is caused by a virus it is essential to activate the immune system to fight it, and it is important to do so with natural remedies because this will allow the body to increase its resistance in the future. With what supplements do we raise our defenses?
- Vitamin C : This vitamin is one of the main supplements that we must take to maintain health.
- Zinc Oligoelement: this trace element inhibits the reproduction of the virus in cells.
Essential oils contain potent active ingredients , since they are a concentration of the therapeutic properties of the plant.
In the case of herpes there are several of them that are very useful:
- Ravintsara : This essential oil can be applied directly. It is the best aromatherapy product to fight against viral infections of all kinds, so it can be our first choice in natural treatment.
- this is one of the best known essential oils, since it is used to treat all dermatological infections. We can also apply a droplet directly on the herpes.
- Niaouli : this oil also serves to treat herpes and help its healing, but can not be applied directly. We can prepare a natural ointment by mixing a few droplets of the essential oil together with some natural substance that makes the base: beeswax, vegetable oil (sesame, olive, almond, argan, coconut, etc.), aloe vera gel, etc.
We will apply these oils several times a day.
Grapefruit seed extract
This extract, which we can buy in herbalists, has demonstrated its capacity in several studies to kill or inhibit the growth of a large number of potentially harmful bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites. In addition, it is very rich in vitamin C.
We can take it according to the manufacturer’s instructions and also apply it topically.
We can make a natural preparation by mixing 5 drops of extract with 50 drops of vegetable glycerin. We will apply it 2 or 3 times a day on herpes.
Lip care tips
In addition to these remedies, it is important to take good care of our lips daily . Protect them from the cold with moisturizing and very nutritious lipsticks, ideally from natural ingredients, and protect them from the sun with solar factor lipsticks. Occasionally we can perform a gentle peel to regenerate the skin of the lips, mixing a little oil with sugar. We will gently rub the lips and then hydrate them well.