If you are looking for a nourishing lotion made with natural ingredients that help reduce volume caused by problems of fluid retention or fat accumulation, we recommend you try this simple and effective recipe for homemade cosmetics.
In this article, we will teach you how to prepare a nutritious lotion based on coconut oil and essential oils of grapefruit and rosemary to improve circulation, prevent cellulite and fluid retention, in addition to burning unruly fat .
What do we need to reduce volume?
To reduce volume effectively and healthily, we must take into account different factors:
To achieve these objectives, therefore, we must act from different perspectives. As always, the diet should be the basis of a balanced weight and a beautiful silhouette , as well as a routine of constant exercise appropriate to our lifestyle and our ability.
However, we must not neglect external care, for which we can use products made with natural ingredients. Vegetable oils and essential oils can be very helpful .
Advantages of oils of vegetable origin to reduce volume
Here are some of the advantages of choosing oils of vegetable origin :
- They provide a lot of nutrients to our skin.
- We can differentiate and combine base oils (coconut, almond, olive, sesame) with essential oils.
- They do not need preservatives or chemical additives.
- They have different textures suitable for different types of skin and all parts of the body.
- The essential oils offer us delicious aromas that also serve as perfumes.
- They have properties on the body and on the state of mind.
- They are suitable for people with sensitive skin, mature skin, acne, etc.
Which oils help reduce volume?
1. Coconut oil
is the base ingredient of this lotion, that is, a soft oil to which we can add essential oils with specific properties. However, it should be noted that this oil is very nutritious and balancing , in addition to eliminating the most rebellious fat and fighting infections and fungi.
2. Grapefruit essential oil
Grapefruit essential oil is citrus and very refreshing . It has properties such as:
- Combats spots, wrinkles and stretch marks.
- It favors the lymphatic drainage.
- It helps burn fat.
3. Rosemary essential oil
The essential oil of improve the circulation of the whole body , especially when, in addition to reducing volume, we want to feel lighter and with more energy. This oil activates the whole organism and even helps us to improve states of . Also, it is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
How do we prepare our lotion of coconut oil, grapefruit and rosemary?
To prepare our natural nourishing lotion we will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of extra virgin coconut oil (200 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of grapefruit essential oil (15 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary essential oil (15 ml).
This lotion is self- preserved, that is, we do not need any artificial preservative or keep it in the fridge.
- Mix all three ingredients well . If the coconut oil is solid, we can heat it a little in the water bath so that it melts, but without letting it boil.
- Add the essential oils .
- Keep the lotion in a tightly closed and dark bottle so that the light does not affect the properties of the essential oils.
We must bear in mind that if the temperature is lower than 23 ° C it will solidify, but we can still use it. The form of application is the following:
- Massage the areas of the body where we want to reduce volume . The best time to do it is when leaving the shower with moist skin, since the pores are open by the heat of the water. In this way, the lotion will be absorbed much better and more quickly.
- Make circular movements with your fingers, with your hands and with your fists , always in ascending movements.
- Wait a few minutes for the skin to dry , a little before drying with the towel.
We can apply this lotion daily, either in the morning or before going to bed , since its aroma is as refreshing as it is delicious.