The orange pie , along with the apple variation, is one of the best-known desserts around the world. Citrus options are very much desired by those who prefer strong and marked flavors, so we’ll show you how to make it easy and simple.
For the mass
- 300 g of loose flour
- 70 g of butter
- 1 egg
- 25 g of sugar
- 15 g of yeast
- 10 g spoonful of salt
For the filling
- 150 g of condensed milk
- 200 g of orange juice
- 25 g of sugar
- 100 g of lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- Orange skin grated
- Round mold of 20 centimeters
- Bowl for stirring
- Cling film
- Start preparing the dough for your foot . In a deep bowl, sift the flour and add the cold butter .
- Mix with your fingers until you get a dough with the texture of crumbled cookies.
- Sift salt, sugar and yeast in the same container and mix again.
- Finish incorporating the egg and knead until you have a moldable dough.
- Make a ball with the dough and seal the bowl with transparent film
- Let it sit for an hour in the fridge .
- After the cooling time, remove the dough from the refrigerator and put it in two balls, one larger than the other.
- Take the larger one and knead it until you get a sheet of half a centimeter thick.
- Enmanteca and flour the mold.
- Cover the bottom of the mold with the sheet you just created with the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- For the filling, mix the condensed milk with the orange juice and the lemon juice in the blender.
- When you have a homogeneous mixture, add the lemon zest and the two yolks.
- Pour the mixture over the mold.
- With the ball of dough you have reserved, proceed to make the grid.
- Stretch the dough with the rolling pin until you have a sheet one centimeter thick.
- Cut the sheet into long strips half a centimeter wide.
- Place on the mold a series of strips separated by one centimeter from each other.
- On them place another series of grids in the opposite direction, if you first put them along now you must do it across, until the grid is complete.
- Seal the outer edges next to the dough inside the mold with a fork.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Take your mold to the oven and leave it for 10 minutes at 200 ° C.
- After this time lower the temperature to 180 ° C and bake for another 25 minutes or until the rack browns.
- You will notice that the filling is ready because it will begin to bubble.
- Remove the foot from the oven and let it cool completely before unmolding, otherwise it will lose its shape.
- Once cold you can proceed to consume the orange pie accompanied by some or drink, or you can reserve it in the fridge so that it stays better.
Data of interest
- The butter should be in the refrigerator until a few seconds before use.
- Another use that you can give to the broken dough is in the preparation of cookies .
- When we remove the flour with cold butter, we look for it to catch as much gluten as possible from the flour. Gluten provides elasticity to the masses , precisely because of that we try to isolate it.
- You can paint the grid with egg white helping with a kitchen brush, when baked the foot will give it a bright golden tone.
- The pies are very versatile desserts, so you can try them with different kinds of fillings to give great variety to your culinary repertoire.