Maybe you’ve seen in many movies that in some countries like the United States is consumed a lot of peanut butter … Then you wanted to try it … And you can not stop eating it! In this article we offer you a delicious option: peanut butter cake or peanut with glaze. It’s perfect for snack time!
Recipe of peanut butter cake with icing
If there are children at home, this cake is an excellent option. When they return from school (and have received good grades) you can offer them as a reward especially if they behave well at home, they eat all their vegetables and do not fight with their siblings. Do you think it’s too much to ask for a piece of peanut butter pie ?
For the chocolate cake:
- 120 g of chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of soluble coffee
- 2 tablespoons of
- 5 cups of milk
- 1 and ½ cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of salt
For the filling:
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter or peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup of
- 1 pinch of salt
For chocolate glaze:
For peanut or peanut glaze:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- ¾ tablespoons of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Microwave container
- Ceramic mug
- Mold for oven
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. In a container that is microwave-safe, heat the chocolate for 30 seconds. Repeat as many times as necessary until it melts. Go stirring every time.
- In a cup mix the soluble coffee and cocoa powder. Add hot water up to ¾ of its capacity. You will have a liquid mixture. Put a bowl where you have milk. Let cool once you integrate it well.
- Place the butter and sugar in the blender jar. Mix so you have everything homogeneous. Add the eggs one by one and until the first one is integrated, do not add the second and so on. Pour the melted chocolate and slightly cooled . Continue mixing everything.
- In a medium bowl sieve the flour, salt and baking soda. Add 1/3 of the milk and ½ of the flour to the previous preparation . Repeat pouring milk and flour. Finally the remaining milk.
- To make the filling you have to place the peanut butter cream and the unsalted butter and mix to make it soft . Add the sugar and one by one the eggs, always stirring well. Place the salt and flour. Beat well and finally pour the milk. Reservation.
- Grease a baking dish and pour half of the chocolate dough. Then distribute the butter filling and cover with the remaining dough. You spread it well with a knife or spatula. Take to the oven and cook between 50 and 60 minutes. You will notice that it is ready when a stick comes out clean and dry. Allow to cool 20 minutes on the rack before unmolding.
- While the cake is cooking, prepare the glaze . Start with chocolate. In a saucepan put the butter cut into cubes and chopped chocolate. Melt in the water bath or in the microwave. Remove from the fire and beat. Reservation.
- For the peanut glaze stir the sugar with butter and salt. Pour the milk and mix until smooth.
- When the cake is at room temperature, unmold and cover first with the chocolate glaze and then with the peanut glaze. Put in the refrigerator for 2 hours to harden it a bit.
- Level of difficulty: Intermediate
- Preparation time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Tips: Makes 10 servings. Instead of the blender you can use electric rods to integrate the ingredients. If the peanut glaze is very dry, you can add more milk and in case it is very “thick” add more sugar.