Snacks or snacks are foods that are used to satisfy hunger at times other than those of main meals.
These are small snacks that provide a minimum amount of energy to the body at times when it needs it.
However, most people only know those of industrial origin , and ignore that these are a great source of calories, fats and other substances that do not do good to the body.
Fortunately, there are homemade and healthy alternatives that, based on natural ingredients, provide that extra energy to the body without causing unwanted effects.
In addition, they have high quality nutrients and a minimum calorie intake that does not represent a problem for body weight.
On this occasion we want to share some made with honey and sesame seeds.
Thanks to their qualities in addition to controlling the desire to eat, they allow to treat some health problems.
Do you dare to try them?
Delicious snack of honey and sesame seeds to improve your health
The combination of organic honey with sesame seeds results in an exquisite snack that, in addition to , prevents and combats some common diseases.
Sesame seeds have been valued since antiquity for their medicinal properties, since they are rich in calcium, iron, polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamins.
They have a significant concentration of proteins, which contribute to produce enzymes to increase energy and improve digestion.
They also provide magnesium, an essential mineral that improves the functioning of the nervous system and muscle health.
Honey, on the other hand, is an ingredient with multiple medicinal properties that have been used for human benefit for centuries.
It is rich in natural sugars, which gives it an important energy value. This indicates that, when consumed in a moderate way, it helps to control the weight instead of increasing it.
In general, the mixture of these two ingredients can be used to combat and prevent ailments such as:
- The flu and the cold.
- Ulcers and acid reflux.
- Skin infections
- High cholesterol
- The hypertension.
- The immune system is deficient.
- Muscle disorders
- Overweight and obesity.
- The alergies.
How to prepare a snack of honey from bees and sesame seeds?
To prepare this delicious snack with honey from bees and sesame seeds you must make sure to acquire 100% organic ingredients.
This is because in the market there are refined presentations whose nutritional quality is not as good.
The snack is a similar way to the small energy to control hunger in a healthy way.
- 1 cup of sesame seeds (140 g)
- ¾ cup of raw honey (252 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5 ml)
- A piece of lemon peel
- ⅓ cup of chopped pistachios (30 g)
How to prepare it?
- Put the in a pan, over low heat, and leave them until golden brown.
- Apart, incorporate raw honey, lemon juice and peel, and let it heat until it starts to boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, stirring the mixture.
- Avoid the fire too high , since the product tends to burn easily.
- Turn off the heat when the recommended time passes and then combine the honey with the sesame seeds and the pistachios.
- Pour everything into a greased baking dish and let it cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once it has solidified, cut into small sticks and store it in an airtight container.
- Store at room temperature, in a cool, dry place.
Keep in mind that, although it is a and low in calories, you should not consume excessively.
However, try to prepare them regularly so as not to be tempted to eat another variety of high-calorie snacks.
Did you like the recipe?