A fruit granita is a refreshing drink that is prepared with the juice of the selected fruit and a generous amount of crushed ice. It should be noted that this is a very healthy option for the high temperature season, so you can already say goodbye to the refreshments. In addition, they are prepared in a very easy way, so the method really does not vary much but the ingredients.
A slush lemonade, an iced mint tea and a rich fruit slush always come in handy when you’re thirsty. Not only moisturize and nourish, but allow us to perform (or continue) with physical activities (walking, running, swimming, etc.) and replenish energy.
The best thing about opting for a fruit slush is that you do not have to stick to a single option. You can make it with one or several fruits and combine the ingredients you want, as long as you keep the ice and avoid adding sugar and sweeteners. A sweet touch is valid, but do not abuse, especially since the drink already has the sugar contained in the fruit.
Here we present different options for you to encourage yourself to prepare a fruit granita at home. Look for your favorite fruit and dare to combine it with a little mint, some infusion or tea. The result can be fabulous.
Now it only remains that you can follow these steps and recommendations that you are about to read. Keep in mind that, depending on which you decide to prepare, you can accumulate more or less nutrients (especially vitamins and minerals) and get the energy intake that your body needs at the time.
Our recommendation when consuming a fruit granita, is not to drink it hastily, since excessive cold can negatively impact the stomach, causing discomfort. In other words, give yourself time to enjoy your slush. No hurry.
On the other hand, whenever we drink something that contains a lot of ice or is very cold, our food should not be too hot. Why? because if we drink an ice cold drink together with a pasta dish, for example, we will cause the digestion to be heavier.
Colorful fruit granita
1. Watermelon granita
An important fact is that, if you are a lover of cold drinks or ice cream , you will very much enjoy the homemade fruit slush. If you like to decorate your preparations, you can add a small piece of fruit cut in a special way , add a flower to the glass, and so on. We leave that to your imagination.
- 2 cups of water (220 mL).
- 1/2 slice of lemon (40 g).
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (50 g).
- 1 cups with ice cubes (150 g).
- 6 slices of watermelon without seeds (400 g).
- Start by placing the ice cubes inside the blender jar.
- Then, set the slowest speed and crush the ice until it looks like snow.
- Introduce the watermelon slices little by little and do not mix (still none of the ingredients).
- Add the sugar and little by little the cup of water. It will always depend on how much granita you like.
- Finally, liquefy everything (at slow speed) for about 10 seconds.
- Turn off the blender, reserve and place the lemon slice as decoration.
2. Pineapple granita
This citrus fruit is as versatile and malleable as few. In addition, it is loaded with multiple vitamins and especially an enzyme called bromelain . It is also ideal for those who like a little more acid.
- A pinch of salt.
- 3 pineapple slices (275 g).
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (20 g).
- 2 cups of coconut water (220 mL).
- The first thing you should do is have a blender at hand.
- Then, inside place the
- Start the shake for 10 seconds at minimum speed . Try not to miss this time, it’s important.
- Then, add the sugar and the pinch of salt.
- Take everything to a container and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Finally, with the help of a fork, scrape the frozen surface and extract the necessary amount of ice. You can accompany it with pieces of pineapple or condensed milk if you prefer.
3. Strawberry granita
Probably this is the fruit slush with greater acceptance and, therefore, more popularity , which is why it has become a classic.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (20 g).
- 1 cup of lemon juice (110 mL).
- 3 cups with chopped strawberries (300 g).
- 1 cup with ice cubes (100 g).
- It is very simple. You just have to follow these simple indications and you will have a delicious granita of strawberries.
- The first thing is to put all the ingredients inside the blender.
- First the chopped strawberries, then the lemon juice, sugar, ice.
- Completed the previous step, make sure to beat everything for 15 seconds at minimum speed.
- Finally, pour the thick contents of the granita into a glass and refresh yourself!