The fondant is a colored elastic sugar paste that has become very fashionable to cover cakes, cookies and muffins. Without a doubt a novel and original way to decorate your desserts. Ideal for creative people.
We teach you how to make 2 different homemade fondant recipes, one with clouds and one based on jelly. Learn in addition a great variety of tricks and tips so that you have a perfect fondant.
Homemade fondant recipe with clouds
- 1 bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 roller
- 1 silicone carpet
- Film paper
- 1 airtight plastic bag
- Spread a bowl with butter .
- Put the clouds , a little water and put in the microwave.
- Take out every 20-30 seconds to see how your clouds are going.
- Remove so that they fall apart without burning or sticking. They have to stay like a cream.
- Add a little icing sugar to your cream.
- When it is cold, add the icing sugar little by little and go kneading .
- Finish kneading with a rolling pin at the point where the dough is elastic.
- Make a ball, wrap film paper, put it in a plastic bag and let stand 6 to 8 hours.
Homemade fondant recipe with gelatin
- 14 g of gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract, cinnamon etc.
- 1/2 liter of water
- 2 teaspoons of
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 900 g of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 bowls
- 1 sieve
- 1 wooden spoon or plastic
- 1 plastic bag
- 1 silicone carpet
- 1 roller
- Put the water in a bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin . Let it stand for 3 minutes.
- Put in the microwave for about 30 seconds until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the corn syrup and the glycerin .
- Sift about 600 g of icing sugar over a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the sugar in the shape of a crater.
- Remove with a stick or plastic spoon to form a paste.
- Spread your hands with butter and knead your pasta.
- Make a ball with your fondant, wrap it in film and put it in a bag with airtight seal.
- Put in the refrigerator until the next day.
Data of interest:
- Level of difficulty: Medium
- Preparation time : approximately 1 hour
- Buy the white clouds . Then you can color them as you want. If you can not find them, cut the pink part from your clouds and keep the white part.
- Always sieve the sugar.
- The fondant can last up to 6 months if you wrap it in plastic wrap, put it in a plastic bag or an airtight container and leave it in the fridge. You can freeze it and leave it for up to 3 months.
- It is very important that when you keep it, do not let any air enter you, you run the risk of it drying out.
- You can find more special ingredients such as glycerin in a specialized
- The homemade fondant has to work fast because it dries right away. Make it on a silicone mat spread with butter so it does not stick. You can also sprinkle a table with cornstarch, in case you do not have silicone matting.
- There are dyes in paste, gel, liquid and powder . The dyes in paste and gel are the best and those that leave a more intense color. The liquid dye can dilute the dough and the dye powder serves to shade and make nuances, the best for the most artists.
- The dye is added during kneading .
- Have a little patience. The fondant requires a lot of practice to make it perfect.
- The first decorations with fondant can be made with cortapastas . They are the simplest and are super effective. Hearts, flowers, moons etc.
Image courtesy of Debbie R.