The sweet potato lasagna is a vegetarian food very nutritious and, unquestionably, succulent. Unlike lasagna made with pasta or eggplant, it has a sweet touch that is very pleasant from the first bite. Therefore, if we have not yet tried any preparation with sweet potato, this is a good recipe to start.
Do not you remember what sweet potatoes are? Do not worry, this is another name given to the sweet potato, or sweet potato. It is an edible tuberose root, of medium to large size, thick and elongated, originating in the central and southern part of the American continent. It has been found that its oldest crop is located in what is now known as Peru.
On the other hand, this is a food that is consumed mainly in Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and in several countries of the southern cone: Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Chile and Brazil, due to the ease of cultivation that this root and its proliferation. However, its consumption has also been popularized in Spain, Portugal and in several areas of Oceania such as Hawaii and New Zealand.
The sweet potato is a food that supports both sweet and salty preparations, so there are also recipes for desserts with this root. Certainly, what is most valued is its nutritional contribution , since it has a high level of iron and vitamins B2, C and E. It is also rich in provitamin A,
Classic sweet potato lasagna
The recipe that we are going to share next is the classic sweet potato lasagna. In this way you will know the base and the key cooking times to then create your own variants. Then, we attach the recipe for sweet potato lasagna with
Ingredients for 1 person
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 pieces of yellow sweet potato (200 g)
- ½ glass of whipping cream (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese (20 g)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- ½ glass of cheese mix, to gratinate (100 g)
- 1 spoonful of semi-cured goat cheese (20 g)
- Optional: a branch of basil or fresh parsley, French herbs
- Wash and peel the pieces of sweet potato completely and cut into slices (not too thin). Reservation.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC while preparing the cream .
- Cut the
- To prepare the cream for the lasagna, put to heat in a pot, over low heat, the pieces of cheese and garlic along with the condiments. Let them mix for 5 minutes. After this time, remove the mixture and check the flavor. Rectify the condiments if necessary .
- Once the 5 minutes of cooking have passed, turn off the heat.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a refractory container and pour the cream on top. You must do this procedure with each layer. The dynamic is: a sheet of sweet potato, a little cream, another sheet of sweet potato, cream and so on.
- Take to the oven for 35 or 40 minutes . The surface should be golden brown and the sweet potato should be well cooked. To check this, insert a toothpick and see if it comes out dry or wet; You will know that it is ready if the toothpick comes out easily and slightly moist.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top . Remember that you can also add a little
- Serve and enjoy. Bon Appetite!
Sweet potato lasagna with pesto
Ingredients for pesto
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup pine nuts (100 g)
- 3 cups fresh basil (100 g)
- 2 sticks of butter with salt (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (60 g)
Ingredients for the cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 3 glasses of whole milk (600 ml)
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour (100 g)
- 2 sticks of butter with salt (100 g)
- 2 glasses of vegetable broth (400 ml)
Ingredients for lasagna
- A pinch of black pepper.
- ½ glass of ricotta cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (200 g)
- 20 sheets for lasagna
- 8 pieces of sweet potato (500 g)
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat for one minute. Melt two sticks of butter and then add the onion along with the bay leaves. Let them cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly to mix well with the other ingredients, and add the milk.
- Lower the heat and then add the vegetable broth. Do not forget to stir the mixture constantly.
- Let it cook for 5 or 6 more minutes and proceed to season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to your liking. Once you have done this, turn off the fire and reserve.
- In addition, blend the other two sticks of butter with the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and garlic. You must obtain a more or less thick mixture, with a consistency similar to that of the mash. Once ready, season to your liking.
- Set to preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Grease a refractory container with a little butter and begin to place the sheets of lasagna. Cover with a little cream and pesto, then place the sweet potato leaf and Parmesan cheese.
- Reserve a bit of Parmesan cheese to decorate the sweet potato lasagna later.
- In the upper layer, place the
- Allow to cool to room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
The sweet potato lasagna is a really succulent dish that is worth preparing. And it is that the vegetarian kitchen can surprise us in many ways (and all of them very pleasant). Do not think about it too much and encourage yourself to give yourself that taste you so deserve!