Ideal for breakfast. The apple sponge cake is a tasty snack difficult to resist that the whole family likes. It is easy to make and has that special ingredient so easy to get and at the same time so healthy, because … who does not feel passion for healthy apples? Do not hesitate, this recipe will delight you and give everyone a good surprise at home.
Recipe of the apple sponge cake
This apple sponge cake is very spongy and has the flavor of that ideal fruit that is the apple. If you wish, and as a suggestion, you can also add nuts, but that depends on the taste of each one. Also comment that this cake usually has a satiating effect, and that it is not excessively caloric. Especially compared to those we can buy at any supermarket. The best thing without a doubt is to prepare it at home, in this way we make sure that the ingredients are totally natural. Take note:
What do I need to make my apple cake?
The cake that we present to you is for about six people. So, these are the measures that can serve as guidance.
- 1 natural yogurt
- 350 g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 125 g of butter
- 250 g of sugar
- 1 envelope of yeast Royal (12 grams)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 3 large apples type Golden
- 1 pinch of salt
How do we prepare it?
- Let’s start: the first thing we will do is beat the eggs with the sugar until they double their volume. To achieve greater sponginess you know that the ideal is to separate the whites from the yolks, beating the first ones until they reach the ideal point of snow. Meanwhile, in the yolks we add the sugar and mix it well. Then, we are integrating everything little by little, also integrating yogurt, always in enveloping movements so as not to lower what we have assembled. It is very easy!
- Second step: we mix the yeast with the flour and we throw it into the same bowl where we have the eggs mixed with the yogurt. Do not stop beating. When everything is well mixed, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now melt the butter a little and drop a pinch of salt. In this way we get the sweet taste to stand out much more. Beat everything together with the previous mixture, until there are no lumps left.
- And what does it play now? The apples We wash them, peel them, remove the center and cut them into very finite laminas. It is very important to peel and laminate the apples at the last moment, since in contact with the air they oxidize. A very simple and practical trick. Once cut, add half to our bowl where we have the mixture.
- Now we are going to prepare that special container that we will use as a mold and that will go to the oven. That’s where we’re going to pour our mix of eggs, yogurt and apple. -the half of them- The other half, put them on top of the mixture well placed, sprinkling also with a little cinnamon and a spoonful of vanilla sugar .
- We put the sponge cake in the oven at 180º for about 45 minutes . Once this time has elapsed, prick the sponge cake with a fork to see if it is made.
- When it is done, remove it from the oven , otherwise it may become too dry. We unmold it carefully and serve it on a plate. Let it sit for 20 minutes before giving it the first bite. It’s delicious and smells really good of apples and cinnamon!