Not all beauty products do good to the body, due to its chemical components. If we have very sensitive skin, for example, it is likely to cause irritation, inflammation, redness, etc. When it comes to the shampoo, you have to be very careful because the scalp is as or more delicate than the skin of the face and is exposed to many harmful agents.
What to know about the “organic” shampoo?
In the first place it is necessary to remember what is the purpose of the shampoo: to leave the hair clean and to eliminate the dandruff, the fat, etc. It could also be said that they should serve to enhance the natural qualities of the hair and the scalp. However, this does not always happen. The reason: the chemical components with which they are formed.
Have you ever noticed that when you stop using the shampoo for dandruff it returns? Or what if the cream bath is finished, your hair becomes opaque again? This may be due, according to those who know, to the ingredients with which they are created. Because they do not “attack” the problem, but “cover” it for a while. In order to enjoy healthy hair all year round, an excellent idea is to create our own hygiene items, such as the shampoo. With natural ingredients you can make organic products that do not damage your hair or your skin and even make a good action to the environment, by not throwing chemicals down the drain.
Some tips when it comes to washing hair:
- You must wash it on alternate days (one day yes and another no)
- Do not use too much product, better pour a little in the hand and then spread
- Take advantage of giving a small and gentle massage on the scalp when applying the shampoo
- Do not use the water too hot and at the end, the last rinse with cold water
Homemade shampoo recipes
The following homemade shampoos, natural or organic are really very good for your hair, they will fulfill their functions and, little by little, your hair and skin will again look beautiful and healthy. It is necessary to bear in mind that during the first days you may feel a lot of itching or dandruff, do not worry, it is the process that the scalp does to “return to normal”. If this remains for more than fifteen days, consult a dermatologist, although it is not supposed to happen.
- Orange shampoo and soap dish: you need a half liter of soap dish infusion, two tablespoons of orange juice and two egg yolks . Beat the yolks and add the other two ingredients. Package and store in the refrigerator. Use as usual to wash the hair, it will leave it very silky.
- Sandalwood shampoo: the ingredients are 25 grams of dried chamomile flowers, 25 grams of chopped saponaria root, 250 ml of hot water and 20 drops of natural sandalwood oil. Place the flowers and the root in a bowl and pour hot water, stir and let it sit overnight. The next day sneak and apply the sandalwood oil.
- Lavender shampoo: it is ideal for blond hair. You need the juice of two lemons, two tablespoons of lavender water and two eggs. Mix all the ingredients and apply in all the hair with gentle massages. Clarify and repeat, let act for 15 minutes. Rinse well and then place conditioner.
- Shampoo rose water : for brown or brown hair. Take two tablespoons of vinegar, two tablespoons of rose water and two eggs. Mix everything and apply with a massage on the scalp. Clarifies and repeats. Leave 15 minutes, rinse well and place your conditioner always or some home also for better results.
- Nettle and rosemary shampoo: it is ideal for those who suffer from hair loss and weakening hair. In a stainless steel pan place two handfuls of saponaria and one and a half cups of water. Boil and leave 10 minutes more in the fire. Cover and let cool. Strain the liquid and place in a bottle that has a lid. Besides, make an infusion with half a spoonful of fresh rosemary and a handful of nettle with a cup of boiling water. Let stand half an hour, strain and pour into the bottle with saponaria. Mix well and apply to the hair as a rinse or shampoo.
- Coconut and egg shampoo: it is for dry hair. The beginning of this recipe is the same as the previous one with the saponaria. Then, melt two tablespoons of coconut oil in a bain-marie and add that mixture, along with an egg yolk and 3 drops of cognac. Stir constantly. Let cool and apply on the scalp after moistening. Let it act for five minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water.
- Herbal shampoo: another option for dry or damaged hair. Boil 15 grams of fennel root and 15 grams of elderberry or clover in a cup with water, for 10 minutes. Strain and add half a cup of neutral, grated soap. Let it cool and store in a closed container. Applies like a traditional shampoo.
- Papaya Shampoo and Aloe Vera : Peel a large papaya and cut it into slices. Then pass it through the blender. Add a spoonful of aloe vera sage , half a cup of shampoo for children, half a spoonful of olive oil and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Use as usual to wash the hair every other day.
Images courtesy of Dean Wissing, msafari 2425, viviandnguyen and Bev Sykes.