Broccoli is one of the vegetables with the most amount of proteins available, ideal to accompany all kinds of dishes and above all, more than tasty.
It offers a lot of vitamin C and some of its properties are anti-carcinogenic. In addition, it does not give us almost fats, which makes it an excellent choice for diets.
Check out these delicious broccoli recipes.
Garlic broccoli with mushrooms
This recipe is really very simple to prepare and can be served as a main dish or accompaniment to chickens or meats.
- 3 branches of broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of butter (24 g)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms (60 g)
- Ground black pepper
- After washing the
- Cut the garlic into finite slices.
- In a pan place the butter and let melt. Add the garlic and then the broccoli.
- Put the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat and let it cook another 5 minutes uncovered (or until the broccoli is well cooked). Serves hot
- One option is to add cheese grated Parmesan over to melt.
Sautéed broccoli, cauliflower and potato
This recipe is very good for cold days, because not only is it hot, it also offers us many vitamins and satisfies our appetite.
Ingredients (for 5 servings)
- 1 broccoli
- 1 cauliflower
- 5 potatoes
- Chop all the sliced vegetables similar to each other and place them in a pan with butter.
- Skip them until they are tender.
- Then add more butter on top (in small cubes), until melted. You can add grated Parmesan cheese.
- For seasoning, nutmeg and cumin are recommended.
Broccoli in chickpea sauce
While it has several ingredients, this recipe is very easy to make and what is better is an original idea to eat something different from time to time.
The nutrients of broccoli and chickpeas make it a “super saucer”.
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas (35 g)
- 4 cups of broccoli (600 g)
- ¼ cup natural yogurt (50 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (1.2 g)
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper (1.2 g)
- salt to taste
- Process chickpeas, yogurt, oil, lemon juice , spices, garlic and salt in a blender until you get a paste or sauce.
- In addition, cook the broccoli, cut by twigs and stems. When they are tender, strain and move to a container.
- Pour the previous mixture over them and ready, to eat.
- You can stir it or leave it as a sauce.
Broccoli with the vinaigrette with cheese and corn or corn
It can be a delicious starter or an excellent option to avoid consuming bad foods for health between meals (such as snacks).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- 3 cups of broccoli (450 g)
- 1 cup corn or corn kernels (120 g)
- 5 tablespoons of white vinegar (50 ml)
- 1 cup of gouda cheese (200 g)
- Boil the broccoli for 10 minutes with a little salt, strain and reserve.
- Mix vinegar , oil and salt separately.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and place the gouda cheese until it melts.
- You can take the oven for a few minutes.
- To finish, add the corn and serve.
Undoubtedly, it is an alternative to the well-known recipes of donuts you know.
- 1 broccoli tied (only use the “saplings”)
- dough for fritters or empanadas
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of oil (32 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- one and a half cups of flour (165 g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5 g)
- 2 beaten whites
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (5 g)
- Mix in a bowl the broccoli already cooked and tender, cut into slices, the 2 yolks, the oil, the vinegar and the water.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and whites with sugar.
- Once a homogeneous paste is formed, we will pass it through the dough until it is well covered.
- Let drain a few moments and cook in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on absorbent paper .
- We can use vegetable oil if we do not want something so “greasy”.
Images courtesy of Whologwhy, Laurel F, Michal Bazak and Gerwin Sturm