The dream is one of the most important functions of our body, because through it we can get a restful sleep, to recover the energies we have used during the day.
When we can rest properly and we also do it during the recommended hours, we can start the new day with vitality, thinking and acting with absolute clarity, which in no way happens when it is difficult for us to sleep, or for work issues we have to sleep much less time.
There are conditions that do not allow us to achieve adequate rest and we end up awake during a large part of the night: stress, a painful illness, pain, some medicines, worries, among other causes can cause insomnia , which has become one of the most common problems for these times. The sleep disorder occurs when we spend more hours trying to sleep, than the actual time we manage to do it, that is, if we go to bed at a certain time and despite having sleep, the hours go by and we can not sleep, finally when we do it We get an uneasy sleep, we go around and around in bed until we suddenly open our eyes again.
At the beginning of the day without having achieved the necessary rest, we will feel fatigue, depression, low concentration, irritability, difficulty in reacting to a difficult situation, among many other things. In short, there are many problems that occur when we suffer from insomnia, for this reason it is essential to request a good medical treatment to end this health problem.
If the situation is still not so complicated and there have been only a few sleepless nights, we can take some important steps that can help end the long, heavy nights of not being able to sleep. Know them below.
Recommendations to end insomnia
- You should try every bedtime every day at the same time.
- Do not do any kind of exercise before going to sleep. If for reasons of time you can only exercise at night, it is best to try to do it about three hours before going to sleep.
- Try to ensure that the last meal of the day is neither too rich nor too greasy, as this can cause heaviness in the stomach and therefore difficulty in falling asleep.
- Consuming a good supplement of vitamins and minerals can be quite beneficial since in many opportunities sleep disorders can be caused by deficiencies of vitamin B, calcium, copper, iron, zinc and magnesium.
- Learning and practicing some relaxation and breathing techniques can be of great help in trying to get to sleep and get a good night’s sleep.
- It is recommended that if you try to sleep for an hour you have not been able to achieve it, you must get out of bed and walk around the room, or drink some hot milk while listening to a song, read a page of your favorite book or you watch a tv show Just go back to bed when you feel sleepy again, so it is very possible that you will fall asleep sooner.
- Do not think that the sleep disorder is something of no importance, on the contrary, you should give it the highest priority, since as we have already described it, it can cause many health complications and seriously affect the quality of life.