Spices give our dishes a unique and exceptional taste mark .
Used since antiquity as a complement for all diners and even as a “currency of exchange” for other goods, we still appreciate its inestimable value today.
None of our dishes would be the same without that touch of pepper, cloves or nutmeg. The same could be said of our desserts, where cinnamon and vanilla are our best allies.
However, there is a detail that escapes us very often. The spices not only give flavor. In addition, they have great benefits for our health and even for our figure.
Many of them favor that, little by little, we can lose weight and even reduce the most resistant cellulite.
It is clear, though, that when it comes to losing weight there are no miracles. nevertheless, we know that “many few” that end up favoring a great result.
Spices are good mediators. If we choose them well and learn to take advantage of them in the best way, they will offer us great help, as long as we take care of our diet .
We explain how to do it.
1. Cayenne pepper, one of the best spices to fight cellulite
Cayenne pepper is known in other countries as chile or ají. One of the best properties of this spice is to accelerate metabolism thanks to capsaicin.
It is an alkaloid that, by itself, is capable of increasing the oxidation of fats, burning them or making them less resistant.
- If we add this spice to our dishes it will facilitate the oxidation of carbohydrates and slow down the lipids.
- Cayenne is very suitable to reduce the volume of cellulite of our thighs and even the fat accumulated in our abdomen.
Add it to your dishes with moderation but without fear. It is very positive to take care of our figure.
2. Mustard seeds for weight loss
Mustard seeds fabulously flavor our salads and even those lean meats that are also suitable for weight loss.
- It is very possible that relations this spice with the classic mustard in sauce that we combine with the ketchup. Actually, consuming mustard seeds will always be healthier than industrial sauce full of preservatives.
- Mustard is actually a plant of the cruciferous family (such as broccoli or cabbage). It is a very classic resource in oriental cuisine and its main benefit is to help us accelerate the metabolism.
- Do not forget that mustard seeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and numerous minerals and vitamins that make it one of the healthiest spices.
3. Cinnamon, wonderful and suitable for losing weight
Have you already tried cinnamon tea? Even more … Have you made cinnamon your best sugar substitute? Go ahead and include some cinnamon in your coffee cups or in that glass of milk and you will discover its great flavor.
- Cinnamon takes care of the metabolism of glucose, regulating the level of sugar in our blood .
- Likewise, it is a good promoter of body thermogenesis: it helps us to accelerate the metabolism to burn fat .
- It is important to remember also that cinnamon satisfies our appetite and exerts its slimming action in the most problematic areas: the belly and the cellulitis of our thighs.
Discover also this banana shake to lose weight and reduce the accumulation of liquids
4. A daily teaspoon of cumin works miracles
In most natural stores you can find cumin powder. It has that bitter and spicy point that combines so well in many dishes and infusions.
You can season your rice with cumin, make a morning tea, prepare soups or salads . It’s great However, you will like to know what their therapeutic virtues are:
- Cumin helps us to digest food thanks to the proper metabolization that exerts in our body to absorb nutrients.
- It also reduces abdominal swelling by acting as an effective natural anti-inflammatory.
- Its numerous antioxidants help us to make that stored fat next to the muscles less resistant.
If you want to reduce the presence of cellulite, do not hesitate to prepare an infusion of cumin every day.
Discover the benefits of saffron tea
Black pepper to reduce orange peel
The black pepper offers flavor and that intense touch that we like so much in many of our dishes.
You will like to know that the spicy flavor of many of our spices is what helps us accelerate metabolism and lose fat.
- Piperine is the active ingredient present in pepper that inhibits the formation of new fat cells.
- This very special process is what prevents us from accumulating more deposits in those problematic areas where the annoying orange peel appears.
Do not hesitate to season your dishes with that little touch of ground black pepper, or grain, which will help reduce cellulite.