Heartburn is an uncomfortable symptom that is generated by the excessive production of acidic juices , almost always after eating certain foods or eating too abundant dishes.
It is a burning sensation that extends from the abdomen to the throat. The acids tend to return to the esophagus by weakening the sphincters that should prevent their return.
Although it is a sporadic condition and, most of the time, mild, some people develop it chronically and recurrently.
Along with the burning you can experience other discomforts such as belching and a strong pain in the chest that can even be confused with that manifested by a .
Fortunately, there are some remedies of natural origin that, by their properties, control it effectively without causing unwanted side effects.
Next we want to share in detail 5 recipes so you do not hesitate to try them at the first inconvenience.
1. Crystals of aloe vera and honey
The crystals that contain aloe vera leaves have digestive and anti-inflammatory properties that help control the symptoms of heartburn.
Combined with the properties of honey bees creates an addition to regulating the pH of the stomach, deflates the irritated coating.
- 1 leaf of aloe vera
- 2 teaspoons of honey (15 g)
- Remove the crystals from an aloe vera leaf and liquefy them with two teaspoons of honey.
- Consume the juice after eating too copious dishes or at the first sign of acidity.
- Keep in mind that aloe vera has a slight laxative effect and, therefore, it is not convenient to consume it in excess.
It contains fiber and antioxidant substances that, after being assimilated, balance the stomach pH and reduce the segregation of acids.
In turn, it serves to control cholesterol levels, a substance that, in excess, also influences acid reflux.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (20 g)
- Heat a cup of water and, when it reaches a boil, add two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Let it sit at room temperature for an hour and, after this time, pass it through a sieve and consume it.
- Repeat your intake up to 3 times a day.
3. Infusion of ginger and honey
Gingerol, its active compound, has anti-inflammatory and sedative properties that help control the burning and irritation caused by this problem.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root (10 g)
- Heat a cup of water and, when it boils, add the spoonful of grated ginger root.
- Let it infuse at minimum heat for two minutes and remove it.
- Add a spoonful of honey and wait until it reaches a temperature suitable for consumption.
- Take a cup at the first sign of acidity.
4. Apple juice
The natural apple juice is one of the most effective home remedies against burning and inflammation caused by acidity.
- 5 apples
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Pass the apples through a juice extractor and mix the juice with a teaspoon of honey.
- Consume it at the first symptom of heartburn or after eating irritating foods.
5. Potato juice
Natural potato juice has digestive properties that help control the production of acidic juices in the stomach.
- 1 potato
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Grate a potato and remove its natural juice with the help of a fine sieve.
- Make sure the potatoes do not have black spots or green spots, as these could contain toxic substances.
- Take two tablespoons of the natural juice and mix it with half a cup of warm water.
- Consume it in sips, at the first sensation of burning.
As you can see, these remedies are very easy to make and their ingredients are very easy to acquire in the market.
Try the one that catches your attention and say goodbye to this annoying symptom
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com