We have selected three medicinal plants that, due to their properties, are very beneficial for preventing and treating multiple diseases, while at the same time providing us with a large amount of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
In this article we explain the incredible benefits of taking daily infusions of , ginger and cinnamon, a medicinal combination that will renew you inside and out and you will also find it delicious.
In what cases is it effective?
This infusion is recommended in the following cases:
- Overweight and obese people with difficulties in losing weight
- Cardiovascular problems, increased levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Cases of
- Bad digestion and gastric hyperacidity
- Type II diabetes
- Frivolous people
- People genetically predisposed to have cancer
Below we explain what are the benefits of each of these medicinal plants:
- It has , so it delays cell aging
- It is a natural anticancer
- Accelerates metabolism and helps lose weight
- It is slightly stimulating and improves attention and concentration
- Combat fluid retention
- Improves the health of teeth and gums
- Improves some skin diseases such as acne or
- Reduces allergies
- Mitigate stress
Benefits of ginger
- Help in the prevention of ovarian, prostate and colon cancer
- Improves digestion
- Increase the metabolism
- It brings heat to our body
- Relieves pain and inflammation of the throat
- Improves circulation
- Combat fluid retention
- Helps prevent infections and
- It has an expectorant function, which helps us eliminate mucus
- Relieves migraines
- Soothes menstrual cramps
- Protects our cardiovascular health
Benefits of cinnamon
- It is stimulating and aphrodisiac
- Has digestive effects: reduces acidity and flatulence
- Reduces nausea and vomiting
- Regulates blood glucose levels. Together with stevia, they are the two most suitable foods to naturally treat type II diabetes.
- Brings heat and energy to our body
- It can improve, in the long run, joint and bone diseases
- It has aperitif properties (open your appetite)
- Reduces cholesterol levels and the risk of cardiovascular disease
- It is a potent natural anticoagulant
How do we prepare it?
We will put a liter of water to boil with a teaspoon of ginger and a teaspoon of cinnamon, both powdered or thinly cut. When they have boiled five minutes, turn off the heat and add two teaspoons of green tea, to let it rest for five minutes. Next, we will strain it and put it in a jar or bottle to drink it during the day. We can take it hot, warm or cold.
If we want to sweeten it we will preferably do it with stevia , a natural sweetener that does not have any harmful effect on our health, as do sugar or artificial sweeteners.
We will still further enhance its effects if we add the juice of half a lemon.
We will take this infusion every day for at least a month to notice its benefits.
How do we take it?
To fully benefit from any infusion of medicinal plants, the best times to take it are:
- Fasting, at least half an hour before breakfast
- Between meals , at least half an hour before
- We do not recommend taking this infusion from the afternoon, since its diuretic and depurative effects may cause us to have to go to the bathroom at night.
A quality infusion
It is also very important, to enhance the effects of each plant, that we choose the best quality ingredients:
- Green tea : preferably ecological
- Cinnamon: the best cinnamon is Ceylon, and it is also the most aromatic. It is advisable to keep it always hermetically closed.
- The ginger: we can use it preferably fresh, simply grateing a little in the pot in which we boil the water. But we can also use it in powder, as long as it is of quality, aromatic, with a spicy touch.
Images courtesy of bkajino, nerdling and ion-bogdan dumitrescu