Did you know that it is easy to prepare hamburgers with vegetables, cereals and legumes and that this way is more fun, original and appetizing? Ideal for children, for those who want to eat less meat, for vegetarians, to surprise in family meals, to take advantage of leftovers, etc.
We teach you how to make three delicious vegetable burgers: lentils, millet curry, and oatmeal and smoked paprika . Try them!
This recipe is ideal for children to eat lentils, for those who have difficulty digesting them well or for using the leftovers of a vegetable stew.
This burger gives us a lot of fiber and iron.
- Cooked lentils (from pot or homemade)
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- We will need the lentils of the variety that we want already cooked. Half will beat or crush and the other half will leave as is.
- We will mix the two halves again and add a finely chopped beaten egg, onion, carrot and garlic.
- We can also add some spices such as cilantro, parsley or cumin, which will help us improve your digestion.
- Mix well the dough, we will form the burgers and fry them in a pan on both sides or we will bake them, painting them with olive oil.
Curried millet burger
Millet is a cereal with many properties, ideal for those suffering from acidity problems, as it is a great alkalizing blood. In addition, in the kitchen has the virtue of helping us to compact masses, so it will allow us to gather well the ingredients of this hamburger.
- Olive oil
- We will sauté the leek, the pepper and the garlic in a casserole.
- When they are tender, add the millet and water (one part of millet for two of water) and let boil with the covered pan for twenty minutes until the water is consumed.
- Let’s cool. This step is essential for millet to be very compact.
- We will add the turmeric and the curry and prepare the hamburgers.
- We will cook them in the pan or in the oven.
Oatmeal burger with paprika
Oats, besides being a very nutritious, energetic and at the same time relaxing cereal of the nervous system , also has the property of very well compacting the ingredients.
It also contains a lot of fiber and is ideal for people who suffer from digestive problems.
The special touch of flavor we will give it with a delicious spice, smoked paprika, which will give it a flavor similar to that of meat.
- Red pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Breadcrumbs or ground oats
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- In a bowl we put a glass of oat flakes together with the finely chopped garlic, onion and red pepper. We also put the smoked paprika and the salt and mix well.
- We add half a glass of warm water and a little oil.
- Mix the ingredients well with your hands. It is important to find the ideal point to the dough, which is neither too soft nor too hard, and for this we will add if needed the bread crumbs or the ground oats.
- When it is ready we will make the burgers and we will roll them in a little more breadcrumbs or ground oats so that they are crispy.
- We can cook them in the pan or in the oven, but always adding a little olive oil.
How do we serve them?
These burgers give us many options in our daily menus. We can serve them with a sauce (tomato, mustard, green pesto, guacamole, etc.), accompanied by rice or whole wheat pasta , or surprise the family with some snacks as if they were fast food but in a healthier version . We will prepare them in a sandwich, to be able to be of integral bread, accompanied by a slice of cheese, a leaf of lettuce, a slice of tomato and a bit of mayonnaise, and we will accompany them with salad and baked potatoes seasoned with fine herbs. Another original option, instead of potatoes, is to cut thin strips of apple and fry them as if they were potatoes . In this way we will be surprised by its sweet touch of flavor and it will also be a lighter accompaniment.