Joint pain is a symptom that usually occurs due to an inflammatory reaction in the tissues of the body.
Its appearance indicates that the cartilages and ligaments are suffering a wear , although it can also alert an injury.
It can occur mildly or chronically, depending on its cause, but in both cases it is essential to provide a treatment to avoid other complications.
Although it is usually treated with analgesic and anti-inflammatory medications, there are natural remedies that help speed up your recovery without causing unwanted side effects.
One of these is made with lemon rind and extra virgin olive oil, two ingredients that relax the to promote relief in a short time.
In the space that we have next we want to tell you what its benefits are and how to prepare it with a simple recipe.
Remedy of lemon peel and olive oil for joint pain
The remedy for lemon peel and olive oil is a product for external use that, after being applied in the painful area, helps improve circulation to promote joint relief.
- These ingredients are full of essential nutrients whose assimilation decreases inflammation, pain and stiffness.
- The lemon peel contains substances such as citronella and felandrene, two essential oils that help relax muscles and joints, avoiding difficulties in their ability to
- Extra virgin olive oil contains antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, known for their ability to relieve sore and inflamed tissues.
- Together, these ingredients improve the process of cellular oxygenation and, in turn, optimize the transport of nutrients to the joints , which is crucial to avoid the wear of your cartilage.
- It should be noted that it also helps to stimulate the lymphatic system, a key factor in eliminating the toxins that influence the appearance of pain.
- Its application through massages supports the elimination of retained liquids and, as if that were not enough, prevents the accumulation of uric acid.
How to prepare this remedy for lemon peel and olive oil?
The ingredients that we use in this home remedy can be purchased in herbal shops and supermarkets.
In addition to the lemon peel and the olive oil, we propose to use eucalyptus leaves to enhance the anti-inflammatory effect.
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (200 g)
- The shells of 2 lemons
- 5 eucalyptus leaves
- Glass jar with lid
- Clean bandages
- Film paper
- Cut the peels of the lemons into small cubes and insert them into the glass jar.
- Incorporate the olive oil, making sure it completely covers the peels.
- Chop the eucalyptus leaves into small pieces and mix them with the other ingredients of the jar.
- Cover the product well and store it in a cool, dark place for two weeks .
- After this time, filter it with a fine sieve to remove the remains of leaves and shells.
- Dip a bandage of gauze into the preparation and then apply it to the painful joint.
- Cover the bandage with plastic film and, if possible, with a wool
- Let the oil work all night so that its compounds take effect while you rest.
- Apply the treatment every night, until reducing the pain.
- As a preventive remedy, apply it at least 3 times a week.
- If you want a more relaxing sensation, heat the oil in a water bath before proceeding to apply it.
- Of course, be sure to check the temperature so as not to cause skin
- Optionally you can use it to perform massages on the joints , especially when they are sore due to fatigue or fluid retention.
- Keep in mind that although the application of this product reduces pain, it is essential to improve , maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
Do you have joint pain? If so, or if you want to prevent it, prepare this natural product and use it to relax with an alternative therapy.