Spanish soup is a very simple dish that combines a great flavor with few ingredients. And this is a preparation whose origin lies in the most humble kitchens of the peninsula. Many claim that it is a simplified variant of the Castilian soup. However, it has a unique flavor.
Regardless of your culinary skills, we assure you that you will be able to prepare this delicious soup in a short time and without much effort . It should be noted that, given that it has few ingredients, you should pay attention to the proportions of these so that you will be perfect the first time. The important thing here is for the soup to take shape.
The nutritional contribution of this soup lies mainly in the eggs . Remember that these contain a low amount of calories and provide a high amount of nutrients, among which edestacan:
- Vitamins B12, B2, A, D, niacin, biotin and pantothenic acid
- Minerals (selenium and phosphorus)
- Hard bread (the amount needed)
- 4 cups of homemade meat broth (1 liter)
- ½ cup of bread crumbs (50 g)
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (100 g)
- Salt to taste)
- Optional: fresh parsley, pepper (black, red and white)
Preparation of the Spanish soup
- Grate the hard bread and mix it with the grated Parmesan cheese. Reservation.
- In a bowl, beat the
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the meat broth and, after about 2 or 3 minutes, add the eggs, bread and grated cheese.
- Stir constantly so that all the ingredients are well integrated .
- Lower the heat and let the soup sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and try . Rectify if you consider that it is necessary. On the other hand, check that the soup has the consistency you want and, in case you lack body, you can add a little cornmeal (in doing so, you should let the soup cook for about five more minutes).
- Optionally, you can add a pinch of
- Serve hot and enjoy. Bon Appetite!
It is very important that you know that you can prepare a vegetarian version of the Spanish soup if you replace the meat broth per vegetable .
Other versions are closer to the recipe that we have presented, but resort to bread as a main element. So, this can be presented grated, in cubes, and so on.
Another option is to add a homemade hard bread sponge cake . In case you decide to cook it, you should know that there are two presentations, sweet and salty. We recommend that you opt for the salty for the Spanish soup.
Spanish soup with hard bread sponge cake
- Hard bread (500 g)
- ½ glass of water (50 ml)
- 1 envelope of yeast (10 g)
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons of butter with salt (60 g)
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk (375 ml)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Cut the bread into small pieces (as much as you can). You can also grate it, as you find it most comfortable.
- In a saucepan, heat over medium heat. Before it starts to boil, add the butter, the pieces of bread and the yeast. Remove and then add the eggs.
- After a couple of minutes stirring the mixture, lower the heat and let it rest for another 5 or 6 minutes .
- Grease a mold with butter or and pour the mixture, little by little; Then you will take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- At the end of the baking time, a toothpick is inserted to check that the bread cake is ready. If some cooking is missing, it can be reintroduced to the oven for 2 or 5 more minutes.
- The sponge cake should be covered with a cloth while cooling a little at room temperature before adding it to the soup.
The Spanish soup can be served hot, as a starter or as a starter at lunch. It is usually served as a dinner during the cold months, as it helps to quickly. On the other hand, it can be accompanied with a few cubes of bread, natural or toasted.
Go ahead and try it, you will not regret it!