Garlic soup, also known as Castilian soup, is one of those traditional and infallible “grandma recipes “. Next, we teach you how to make a garlic soup recipe that will be very delicious and economical.
Benefits of garlic for our health
While we are accustomed to using garlic for its flavor and aroma, it is its beneficial properties that really impress . To encourage you to try our delicious recipe of garlic soup, we show you the benefits that this elaboration offers to your health.
Many nutrients, few calories
In addition to very beneficial for health, garlic can be a great ally of those who seek to lose weight . It is a low-calorie food that contains essential vitamins and minerals for the proper functioning of our metabolism.
A serving of 28 grams of garlic contains just 40 calories and less than 10 grams of carbohydrates. However, it offers an important contribution of vitamins C and B6, manganese, selenium and a small percentage of proteins . Also note moderate amounts of calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1 .
Allicin: the “secret” of garlic
Historically, garlic was used as a natural remedy to treat many diseases and digestive discomforts. Currently, it is estimated that the multiple properties of garlic are associated with its high content of a sulphurous substance called Allicin .
Garlic: a powerful antioxidant
Nowadays, antioxidant products are highly demanded and can have a very high value. But what few people know is that it has a powerful and economic antioxidant in their kitchen: garlic .
Garlic contains vitamin C and flavonoids, which act by fighting free radicals and preventing cell damage. Its daily consumption helps reduce the wear and tear of cardiovascular structures in hypertensive patients. In addition, the antioxidant effect of garlic allows to delay the symptoms of dementia and an Alzheimer’s principle .
Garlic to strengthen the immune system
Probably, all of us have ever heard that a garlic tea is the best remedy to cure a cold; Daily consumption of garlic supplements can reduce the risk of having a cold by up to 60% .
Visit this article: Delicious homemade garlic sauce recipe
Garlic soup recipe: delicious, practical and economical
Ingredients (for 6 people)
- 10 cloves of garlic (50 g).
- 6 eggs (optional) (250 g).
- 12 slices of hard bread (72 g).
- 1 piece of ham (150 g).
- 4 heaping tablespoons of extra olive oil (50 mL).
- Salt, pepper and sweet paprika to flavor (to taste).
- 2 liters and a half of meat broth (you can also use chicken or vegetable broths).
- To start preparing our garlic soup recipe, we peel and cut our main ingredient : garlic cloves . Then fileteamos one by one, taking care so that the fillets are not too thin.
- After choosing a large enough casserole, we take it to the fire with the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté until golden brown. Garlic tend to brown very quickly, therefore, we must be careful not to burn them.
- Continuing, add the ham previously cut into small pieces and let them take a light golden brown . Once again, it is important to be careful not to burn or resect the pieces of ham.
- The next step is to add 6 slices of hard bread and toast them with the garlic and ham sautéed .
- When the toast is ready, remove the casserole from the heat, add the sweet paprika and stir well the preparation. The amount of paprika is at the pleasure of the chef and his guests.
- When we perceive that the ingredients were mixed and took the color of paprika, we return with the pan to the fire. At this time, the fire should be well under so as not to burn the garlic and paprika.
- When we observed that the ingredients were reheated, we added the hot broth. The broth provides a better flavor to the preparation than the use of water.
- At low heat, let the preparation cook for 20 to 25 minutes . It is best not to stir the soup and let it cook slowly.
- While we wait for the baking, we toast the other six slices of bread in a pan with a little olive oil .
- After 20 minutes, add to the soup the six slices previously toasted and let them soften. Then season with salt and pepper, and stir.