The sweet quince is very versatile and you can enjoy it as a filling in many preparations, as well as spread on a cookie or even eat with fresh cheese. In the following article you will learn how to prepare it and then consume as you like.
Sweet quince recipe
The fruit is very rich … But its more sweet! If in the house of your parents or grandparents there is a tree of quinces you can prepare it. Sure you know its flavor if you buy it in the store, however, until you try the homemade version, you do not know what it is. Cheer up!
- 500 g of quinces
- 500 g of sugar
- 15 g of pectin
- The juice of a lemon
- A saucepan
- Electric rods
- Hermetic glass container
- Thoroughly clean the quinces to remove lint from the surface.
- It cuts in quarters and takes away the heart.
- Now chop again into smaller cubes.
- In a saucepan, add 400 g of the
- Heat about 15 minutes on low heat, stirring so it does not stick.
- Add the pectin and the rest of the sugar and continue cooking
- Squeeze the lemon and pour in the preparation.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and crush with electric rods.
- Pour into a glass container with a tight lid.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.
Another idea to prepare quince jelly
In this case, you will need fewer ingredients and the taste is really delicious. Once you try it, nothing will ever be the same as before.
- 8 quinces
- 1 kg and ½ of sugar
- 1 l of water
- Wash the quinces and put them in a saucepan with water until it boils.
- Let them cook 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and when at room temperature peel.
- Process with a food grinder or rotate them.
- In a casserole put the same weight of quinces as sugar.
- Let stand 40 minutes.
- Cook over low heat stirring always until they change color and take off from the casserole.
- Pour into a mold lined with baking paper, crush well and wait for it to cool to place in the
- Before serving, sprinkle with sugar.
How can I consume the quince?
Once you know how to prepare the quince jelly , you want to use it for everything. You’ll even want to add it to your salty dishes! So that does not happen, here we give you some options to take advantage of this delight.
Cookies with quince
In Argentina they take the name of “Pepas” and they are very frequent at the time of the breakfast or the snack. You can spread them with sweet quince, sweet potato or dulce de leche.
- 180 g of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 400 g of flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- The zest of a lemon
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 250 g of quince jam
- Beat butter at room temperature with sugar, egg and yolk.
- Add the vanilla essence and the
- Place the sifted flour little by little and finally the milk.
- Work without kneading too much, wrap in foil and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Grease and flour a mold and light the oven.
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin and cut small circles about 2 cm in diameter
- In the center put ½ teaspoon of quince jam
- Place on the tray and cook 15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
German cake stuffed with quince jam
Maybe you have eaten this typical German cake once. If not, this is your chance!
For the cake:
- 200 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 350 g of flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 300 g of quince jam
- The zest of a lemon
- 100 g of butter
- 100 g of flour
- 100 g of sugar
- Beat the butter with the sugar, remove the eggs one by one and continue stirring.
- Add the lemon zest and sifted
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured mold and light the oven.
- Sprinkle the quince jelly.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients of the sandblasting and sprinkle on top.
- Cook 50 minutes.