Women are the ones who suffer most from the painful reality of joint wear, arthrosis and musculoskeletal complaints that affect our quality of life. Hip wear is also one of the most frequent and most dangerous. Hence, it is worth knowing their symptoms. Let’s take note
Why does hip wear occur?
Hip arthrosis or coxofemoral arthrosis, actually affects the cartilage. Remember also that the hip joint is formed in turn by the head of the femur and the cup, that joint cavity where that part of the femur fits perfectly. Around it is that complex network of muscle fibers and ligaments that join the cartilage, acting as a shock absorber for friction. We must also know that hip wear can be in two ways:
- The primary, due mainly to wear and tear over time. It appears already from 60 or 65 years of age.
- Secondary osteoarthritis is due to local problems and joint problems due to dislocations and even poor nutrition or bone problems. In these cases we can suffer hip problems from 30 or 35 years.
And let’s also see what are the causes that cause this annoying ailment:
- Traumatic causes : dislocations, some injury and even some badly healed disease can cause this hip wear.
- Origin Vascular r: vascular insufficiency is a disease to be taken into account, its origin is sometimes due to specific ailments that lead to osteoarthritis or dislocations. But the origin in this case vascular.
- Congenital factors : Sometimes many children come to the world with congenital problems, such as hip dysplasia, growth disorders or other problems.
- Imbalance in our skeleton: it is something frequent, sometimes we suffer what is called a dismetry or inequality of length of the lower limbs.
Symptoms of hip wear
- Obviously the first symptom of all arthritic problems is pain . But there are many people who believe that the pain should focus mainly on the hip, although in reality, the focus is primarily on the groin region. It can extend even in the anterior part of the thigh reaching up to the knee and radiating the buttock.
- Sometimes, when we move, we feel a sudden crunch.
- If your hip hurts, it is due to a muscle problem. But if it reaches the groin, it is directly due to hip wear.
- In the first phases it is lighter and appears especially after a long effort . After a long walk for example, or having run or carrying a lot of weight. When we rest, the pain disappears.
- Later on, as the wear progresses, the pain becomes more intense and it costs us, for example, to climb stairs . When crossing the legs we feel those painful crunches and also characteristic pain at night when we turn or move. We burn especially that area of the groin.
How can we prevent hip wear?
We have to say that if you already suffer from hip wear you should adapt your life to this reality because for now, there is no cure. We must strive to maintain a good diet where you do not lack nutrients, do soft, very soft exercises that allow us to improve mobility but without exhausting us . Follow the medical prescriptions without abusing too much of the anti-inflammatories or painkillers, since in the long term they affect our liver. In the meantime, to prevent disgust if, in your case, you do not suffer at the moment or only have mild symptoms, it is worth following these recommendations.
- Always keep an adequate weight .
- Do daily soft exercises that force you to move your hips, such as walking, running or swimming.
- Increase your doses of Vitamin C, A and D , since it helps us synthesize collagen. Ideal for citrus fruits, mango, pineapple, carrots, melons, strawberries … and vegetables such as cruciferous, artichokes, as well as garlic, very suitable to reduce inflammation of the joints.
- Gelatin is ideal to restore cartilage , since as you know the bone does not regenerate, but the cartilage.
- Do not hesitate to take magnesium supplements , it is basic for our joint health and very suitable for our general wellbeing. Consult natural stores or your doctor to get these supplements.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day. It is essential that you stay hydrated, because with it we also hydrate our joints and nourish our cartilages. It is worth remembering it.
- Some people also use vitamin supplements such as glucosamine sulfate , very suitable for hip wear. It is a natural way to strengthen this part of our body and our bones and cartilage in general. You can check your benefits with your doctor.