There is a well-known phrase that says “we are what we eat” and it can not be more true.
Those people who carry unhealthy diets suffer the consequences (obesity, cholesterol, hypertension, etc).
Therefore, in this article we want to tell you which are the best foods to unclog the arteries and avoid heart problems.
Foods to unclog the arteries
Progressive obstruction of the arteries (atherosclerosis) is an increasingly common problem in Western countries.
It causes more deaths per year than cigarettes or a silent enemy that usually does not have symptoms .
Arterial walls are filled with fat according to the food we eat.
If our diet is based on caloric, fatty and sugary foods, we are more likely to have cholesterol, high blood pressure and circulatory problems.
In addition, this diet increases the risk of heart disease .
To avoid these pathologies and live longer and better, we recommend that you add the following foods to your diet:
It is one of the foods that can not miss at home because it gives a special flavor to the meals.
Garlic is rich in antioxidants and has the ability to fight , lower cholesterol levels, reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- One clove of raw garlic a day uncovers the arteries and prevents the accumulation of fat.
2. Olive oil
It is the healthiest of the oils and we can use it in all kinds of preparations.
- Olive oil spreads a salad, but it also adds a unique flavor to meats and fish.
It is very healthy, does not cause cholesterol to accumulate in the arteries and is good for heart health in general.
We also recommend a moderate consumption for your calorie intake.
- Do not hesitate to add avocado or avocado in your diet: you can use it for salads or as a condiment to replace mayonnaise.
One of the ingredients that can not miss in your breakfast, because it provides satiety, at the same time that gives you energy and neutralizes the ability of cholesterol to stick to the walls of the arteries.
- We recommend you to have a cup of yogurt or skimmed milk with oatmeal every morning. You can add fruits if you wish.
5. Fruits with pectin
Within this group we can find strawberry, apple, grapefruit and grapes (among others).
These are fruits with a lot of pectin, a soluble fiber that reduces the levels of low intensity lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- They can replace fatty and caloric snacks mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
- Eating fruits on a regular basis improves health and reduces the risks of heart disease.
A very rich vegetable with excellent properties.
Asparagus serves, for example, to unclog the arteries naturally as well as to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in blood and prevent the formation of clots.
- Boiled, sauteed, baked or grilled … the options to enjoy these “green sticks” are innumerable.
More precisely the pomegranate juice, because it provides a large amount of antioxidants (even more than orange, blueberry or blackberry juices).
This rich purple habit reduces the damage caused by fat when it accumulates in the arteries.
- A glass at breakfast is enough. For better effects it must be natural (prepared by you, if possible).
Soy and its derivatives (including tofu) slightly reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
Eating 3 tablespoons (30 g) of this cereal a day is synonymous with good cardiovascular health.
This rich vegetable of the cabbage family has a lot of vitamin K which helps calcium in its organic processes. ç
In addition, broccoli provides a good amount of fiber, and thus promotes good arterial health.
- You can consume them steamed, sauteed with little oil (olive) or as a filling of cakes.
10. Blue fish
This select group of fish consists of:
It is healthy fish because they provide omega 3 fatty acids, necessary to unclog the arteries.
They also prevent the formation of clots and balance blood pressure.
- Try to consume some of them steamed, baked or grilled, 3 times a week.
This dark colored vegetable cleanses the arteries and minimizes blood cholesterol deposits.
This is because the , a nutrient crucial for good heart health.
The best of all is that it is a very versatile food that can be enjoyed in a thousand different ways.
This orange spice that adds flavor to your dishes has many interesting properties.
- For example, it is anti-inflammatory and reduces the damage caused by fat in the arterial walls.
- As if it were not enough, it reduces the risks of clot appearance.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com