In general, everyone is recommended to consume oats regularly as this cereal is one of the most nutritious and beneficial for health.
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, because it allows us to go out into the street with all the energy and face the day in the best way. For this reason, you should take advantage of breakfast to take our portion of oatmeal.
Below we explain what are the most prominent benefits of consuming oats daily and why. You will be surprised to see the amount of goodness that this cereal houses.
Benefits of consuming oats
1. It is depurative
Thanks to the large amount of amino acids it contains, it stimulates the production of lecithin in the liver, which favors the purification of toxins from the body.
2. Help control blood sugar
This is excellent news for those with diabetes. Undoubtedly, they have to add it to their diet, since it improves the digestion of the starch and keeps the level of glycemia stable, especially after eating.
3. Improves digestion
If you have problems when you have lunch or dinner, oats help reduce bile acids , facilitating intestinal transit and avoiding constipation.
Being rich in slow-absorbing carbohydrates, it keeps the feeling of fullness for more hours , being a good alternative for those who are dieting, because it takes away the desire to eat at all times.
4. Take care of the heart and the brain
The reason is the large amount of and linoleic acids , known as “good fats”, which help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), favoring activities in the heart and brain.
On the other hand, oats are a cereal rich in vitamins of the B complex . Therefore, it helps to develop, maintain and balance the functioning of the nervous system.
5. Take care of the thyroid
It is especially advisable in cases of hypothyroidism, containing iodine , a mineral that helps the related thyroid gland work correctly.
6. Provides nutrients
In total there are 8 essential of oats, which make it a source of proteins of great biological value. This quality allows to form new tissues in the body .
On the other hand, its daily consumption prevents demineralization, since this cereal has a high content of calcium, an essential nutrient for bone health.
7. It brings beauty
Oats are also a great ally in beauty treatments. When used topically you can get a much prettier skin and hair, since it softens and hydrates deeply.
Ways to consume oats
In general, the first meal of the day is used to take a portion of oatmeal. Above all, raw, in flakes accompanied with milk or yogurt. It can also be consumed cooked with a touch of cinnamon.
- Oatmeal smoothie Add in the blender an apple, a banana , a pear, milk or yogurt, along with a few tablespoons of oatmeal and mix well. This delicious beverage can be consumed at any time of day to make your body feel healthier. Sweeten with sugar if necessary.
- Pancake It can be salty or sweet, according to your preferences. It is made with a little oatmeal and milk, and then it can be filled with vegetables and spices, with jams and sweets, and so on.
- Oat bread. It is a really delicious wholemeal bread, you can add cinnamon and nutmeg and do not forget to put yeast to grow in the oven. You can also place raisins, seeds, nuts, chocolate, etc.
- Oatmeal Cookies. They are an excellent option for the snack, there are varieties with
- In salads Chop onion, tomato, boiled potatoes, cucumber, lettuce, grated carrots, whatever you can think of and finally, the special touch: oats, which should be boiled (with a little salt, if you want), for 25 minutes, wash and rinse with cold water.
- For breading vegetables or meats. Instead of using bread crumbs or flour, you can use oats to make eggplant or pumpkin slices, chicken, fish, meat, and so on.
There are many ways to add oats to our daily diet . These are some of the most popular. Remember that you can choose those that you like the most as well as create your own recipes.