There are some natural ingredients that can help heal common superficial wounds. It is, mostly, food that we have in the kitchen normally or well, can be purchased at any supermarket.
Knowing some natural remedies can help us avoid the excessive use of pharmacological ointments or drugs that may cause side effects. On the other hand, it is convenient to know them in case there is no immediate access to any other type of treatment.
What can prevent good healing?
Remember that when the body suffers a wound, it increases the production of a substance called ‘ If the body fails to produce enough collagen, the wound will take longer to heal or may even require specialized care to achieve it.
Some of the factors that can prevent the skin from healing properly are:
- Bad blood circulation If the cells do not have enough oxygen, they can not work properly in processes such as wound healing. Poor circulation also affects the elasticity and tension of the tissues.
- Use of certain drugs : (anticoagulants, anti-inflammatories and corticosteroids).
- Alterations of metabolism , such as: diabetes , obesity, cholesterol and hypertension. All these hinder the ability of the body to produce collagen, which comes to be responsible for “covering” the hole that the wound left on the skin.
- Smoking Nicotine causes the arteries to narrow and therefore, the blood does not flow properly and the wound does not heal.
- Nutritional deficiencies For the body to have the ability to produce collagen, it needs “raw material,” which is made up of vitamins and minerals. In particular, vitamins A and C, and zinc.
- Chronic stress When there is an alteration in the organism, the cells do not fulfill the healing process in the proper way when a wound is produced and makes it slow down.
Home remedies to heal wounds
It is a powerful “healer” of wounds, sores and scrapes. This is because its properties include antibacterial, which protects against infection. It is necessary to apply it carefully because it can cause irritation in the skin, since its juices are very powerful.
Do not leave it more than 20 minutes in contact with the wound and if it burns a lot, suspend the use. An excellent remedy is to mix three cloves of garlic in a cup of wine, process and let stand two hours. Then, apply on clean and dry wound, twice a day.
Germs are “attracted” by honey, the same as bees. This occurs when applied to a wound. Dehydrates the malignant agents, leaves the skin clean and without infections.
Once it is properly disinfected and dry, place a little honey on the wound and let it absorb.
Place a tablespoon of white vinegar in a liter of water. This cleans the crusts that are forming in the wound to eliminate bacteria and cleaning deeply. It may burn a little the first few seconds, do not be scared.
The onion resembles garlic in terms of components and properties, but with the difference that it does not irritate the skin. Put half a cut onion and a spoonful or two of honey. Apply over the wound and leave on for at least an hour, repeating three times a day until it heals.
They are known in natural medicine for their anti-inflammatory properties. Crush some leaves to obtain a juice or paste and apply directly to the wound at least once a day.
Undoubtedly, aloe vera is an excellent natural remedy to heal wounds. It is also effective in the case of burns. Take a penca, remove the crystal and apply it on the wound.
Let it absorb and replace several times a day. It will relieve the pain immediately and in a short time the wound will close without becoming infected in the process.
Homemade smoothies to heal wounds
- Blend half a cup of papaya, a cup of blueberries , half a cup of mango juice and half a cup of plain yogurt and drink daily, fasting.
- Mix in the blender a cup of papaya, a cup of pitted peaches, the juice of two oranges and two peeled carrots . Do not strain, drink immediately.
- Blend a slice of melon, half a cup of carrot juice, the juice of an orange and the juice of a lemon. Drink daily
- Place half a cup of strawberries, a glass of orange juice and 120 ml of guava juice in the blender. Mix well and drink at breakfast.
- Make a smoothie with two peeled kiwis, half a cup of plain yogurt and two tablespoons of honey. Drink every day
It is advisable to consume foods in vitamins and minerals, such as papaya, kiwi, carrot, guava, lemon, orange and grapefruit to be able to heal wounds properly. It is also important the intake of proteins offered in dairy products , eggs, white meats, soybeans and beans.