Fruits and vegetables are wonderful ingredients to drink in the morning. Beyond which we are accustomed to drink coffee, milk or tea, a good shake can provide us with a good amount of vitamins and proteins , as well as the necessary energy to face the day. If you want to lose weight or start your day in a healthier way, do not miss these delicious recipes.
Delicious and healthy breakfast shakes
- Pure potassium shake : the ingredients are banana and orange, nothing more. It is good for those who do enough regular exercise because it will prevent them from suffering muscle cramps. It also helps regulate blood pressure. Mix a banana with two oranges and drink right away.
- Antioxidant shake : its main component is green tea, which is diuretic, releases toxins and helps speed up metabolism. In turn, it reduces the risk of suffering from cancer or cardiovascular diseases. Several studies show that it is used to lose weight. It also has frozen red fruits, which gives it a thicker texture. Do not forget to place a spoonful of honey and another of lemon juice.
- Digestive smoothie: although it can be consumed after meals, it is also a good idea for breakfast. It is made with papaya and is ideal for those who have problems with gastritis, constipation or colitis. It improves the immune system (thanks to vitamin C), digestion and protects the heart and colon (for vitamin A). It has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. It also has seeds of flaxseed, source of Omega 3 acids that serves for those who have problems to go to the bathroom. You can add a banana and ice to taste.
- Detoxifying smoothie : it is made with spinach and it is wonderful to start the day with this shake, rich in fibers and low in fat. It will help you cleanse the body of toxins and re-establish your metabolism. And besides, it only gives you 75 calories per glass. Mix two cups of spinach and two of cucumber with a head of celery, some fresh ginger, two apples and the juice of a lemon.
- Energetic shake: it is made with strawberries and is very rich in proteins and fibers. It will provide all the energy you need for your day or after a demanding session in the gym. You need a cup of milk, half a cup of strawberries , half a banana, vanilla essence and ice.
- Anti-colds smoothie: Its two main ingredients are kiwi and vanilla. The fruit contains six times more vitamin C than oranges and at the same time covers 100% of the daily needs of it, being of great help to avoid colds or flu. It also serves to form collagen and heal wounds or tissues. Precise two peeled kiwis, 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, 2 medium-sized bananas without peel, cup and a half of water, 1 tablespoon of honey and ice.
More smoothie recipes for breakfast
The good thing about these shakes is that they allow you to lose weight because they satisfy your hunger from the morning. Take note and give them a try as you can:
- Banana smoothie with peanuts: you may think that these two ingredients will not help you lose weight but it is not so. This is because they will help you to be satisfied for more hours and you will not have the need or the desire to eat by midmorning. You must make or buy peanut butter (you can also use hazelnuts, almonds or soy) that offers you a lot of protein. Blend two tablespoons with a medium banana, half a cup of milk and a spoonful of honey. It’s really delicious.
- Oatmeal smoothie : oatmeal is a classic for breakfast, but always accompanying yogurt or milk. In this case, you drink it separately. This cereal gives you soluble fiber that slows down digestion and allows you to feel more satisfied at least until lunchtime. Mix three tablespoons of oatmeal with a cup of apple juice. Add half a banana or a cup of vanilla yogurt . Licua and baby.
- Smoothies of vegetables: especially the green ones, which are the most full of vitamins and fibers. In turn, they are low in calories and very sweet, even if you do not believe it. It is an excellent choice to start your day, especially if you want to lose weight. The combinations are so many that you could not even imagine. The proportions are: three portions of fruit with two green leafy vegetables, you can add ice or honey if you prefer.
- Pumpkin smoothie: this vegetable contains very little fat and calories but it is rich in fiber and needless to say it is delicious. Make a puree with half a cup of pumpkins and several cubes of ice or a cup of milk. Add a tablespoon of black sugar or stevia, a pinch of nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
Images courtesy of Nikki L, Calvert Cafe & Catering, Jennifer, Mitch Altman, Nessa Land.