It is an interesting option for those who are looking to lose weight, but in turn, for those who want to improve their diet, based on a balance and the intake of those products that really make the body well. You can take a look at this diet of colors, which is raging in the United States.
Eating with the eyes
It may sound weird, but it is the truth of this diet. It is that, without doubts, when we see a dish before our eyes, all the senses are activated, but especially, the smell and the sight. If you start to choose foods by their color, you will be adding to your body all the nutrients you need for day to day, being the key to a healthier diet that will not allow you to gain weight and lose a few kilos.
By consuming fresh vegetables, fruits and vegetables of five colors every day, we guarantee low caloric intake and, in turn, many minerals, fibers and vitamins. In turn, according to research, it decreases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer and cholesterol.
The five colors of the diet
Imagine what happens when you go to the grocery store and compare it with the butcher shop. In the first case, you will see different colors displayed, in the second, only two or three. So, you should not hesitate to consume that which is related to life, to nature, to mother earth.
This diet of the five colors advises to consume what guarantees protection and well-being. The five colors are: purple or blue, red, green, white and yellow.
- So, foods that are purple or blue contain high doses of antioxidants that protect the cells from the attacks of free radicals, help the circulatory system work better and prevent various types of cancer.
- In the group of colorados, are those foods that offer beta-carotene, necessary to maintain the health of the skin and, in turn, with a high depurative power, that is, that allow the elimination of residues or toxins from the body.
- As for all the green foods, these help to prevent cholesterol, since they improve blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular diseases, due to their high doses of fibers.
- We also have white foods, which help to increase the defenses and the immune system, as well as improve resistance to any external factor (such as viruses or bacteria).
- Finally, in the yellow group, there are foods that help maintain strong bones and teeth, good vision and healthy skin.
Food included in each group
Do not leave out this list where the foods of each color are detailed (you can add more according to your tastes or possibilities):
- Blue or purple: beet, eggplant, blackberry, black grape, plum, blueberry, fig, passion fruit
- Red: tomato, apple, strawberry, cherry, watermelon pomegranate, raspberry, pepper, radish
- Green : lettuce, cabbage, zucchini, chard, broccoli, spinach, kiwi, asparagus, green beans, artichoke, peas,
- White: garlic, turnip, cauliflower, onion, leek, pear, endive, champignon,
- Yellow or orange: carrot, orange, grapefruit, lemon, banana, mango, tangerine, pumpkin, peach, peach, medlar, pineapple, apricot
Rules for the diet of the five colors
Each group of colors has a perfect combination of minerals, vitamins and other nutrients for our daily life. It is not necessary that we consume them all in the same dish, but the important thing is that they are present throughout the week in various dishes and menus.
Vegetables and fruits should preferably be consumed raw. If you prefer to eat them cooked, then you can choose different cooking techniques, such as steaming, or, without letting them boil so that you do not lose some vitamins . At the same time, industrialized products and those sold in cans or aluminum containers are not recommended. This is because they usually lose their properties.
Typical menu of the diet of the five colors
If you want to follow this wonderful diet you can opt for example by the following menu:
- breakfast: orange juice and milk with cereals
- Mid morning: 3 plums
- lunch: chicken with rice and lettuce and tomato salad
- snack : milk shake with papayas
- dinner: fish with aubergine salad, carrots, garlic and tomatoes
You can combine the food as you prefer and do not forget to add more “colorful” foods to most dishes.