The days of lifting weights in the gym are over. And we want to present some exercises to train with your own weight. It is a list of total body exercises that involve more than half of the muscles of the body.
Keep in mind that by having several muscles work together simultaneously, you can increase the effectiveness of the training. That way you will achieve the quickest goal.
In addition to strengthening the body, exercises with your own weight cause the heart to pump and the lungs to function properly . The combination of different muscle groups not only increases your power, but also saves you a trip to the gym.
Unlike fitness exercises, they help prevent muscle imbalances and reduce the risk of injury . Let’s see what is the best way to train with your own weight!
This is the best way to train with your own weight
Below, we offer some exercises that allow you to train with your own weight. Take note!
Push-ups are one of the best total body exercises you can do . The main engines in flexion are the upper pectoral, the triceps and the anterior deltoids.
- The push-ups strengthen the muscles essential for daily life and imitate a common movement of push.
- To execute the flexion, you must place yourself in a board position with your hands resting on the floor and your feet separated at the hips, with your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Make sure that the lower back does not sink down and bend the elbows down , keeping the shoulders down and back in each flex.
To perform this full-body exercise, you must stretch out on the floor with your knees bent to your chest . The hands must go behind the head.
- Next, raise the right elbow to the left knee while the right leg straightens up.
- Continue alternating the sides as if you were pedaling.
- You must perform 10 repetitions on each leg.
The bicycle is an exercise that can be somewhat complicated for beginners, since it focuses on abdominal work . You may have to increase the intensity gradually.
The dominated is another impressive exercise that should be absolutely a basic element of your training routine . The movement begins with the palms facing outwards and arms outstretched, hanging from a bar.
- The objective is to place the chin on the bar and minimize the movement of the torso and the lower part of the body .
- Once your chin has passed the bar, in a controlled manner, lower again until the arms are almost fully extended.
As you can imagine, there are many muscles that are activated while doing the exercise!
4. Isometric squat with the back on the wall
Who needs a chair when there is a wall? It is a perfect exercise to strengthen your legs . You must slowly slide your back down a wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- During the exercise, you should make sure that the knees are above the ankles and keep the back straight .
- Each series should be approximately 60 seconds.
- If you want to complicate the exercise you can raise your arms forward and keep them in the air.
5. Funds in bank
This exercise will help you build your triceps . To carry it out you must stand with your back resting on an exercise bench or other stable surface. This should be wide enough so that you can place your hands at shoulder height.
- Next, place your hands on the bench behind your back with your palms facing down and sit up with your knees at a right angle.
- Pulling the shoulders back, lower the body until the elbows are at a 90 degree angle .
- To finish, push up and repeat the operation.
As you have seen, there are many reasons to train with your own body weight . Because there are numerous variations of each exercise, we are convinced that you can not lose motivation. You will see how soon you will notice the results!