Fatty liver is a fairly common condition among the population of modern societies.
For years it has been considered as the most common liver disease. Living with her is something complex and painful. It causes us tiredness, swelling, abdominal heaviness …
Hence the importance of learning to treat it to obtain a better quality of life.
A correct diet and a little exercise are undoubtedly essential to find improvements and with which to get our liver to revert to its previous state.
Causes of fatty liver
There are no clear factors that accurately determine the fatty liver phenomenon.
The experts attribute it to a wide range of causes, among which are the following:
- Metabolic problems
- Oxidative stress.
- Nutritional problems
- Excess intake of sugars or fats.
- Presence of toxins in the body.
- Association with other diseases, such as hepatitis or intestinal inflammation …
Nutrition to combat fatty liver
Our diet will be essential to combat fatty liver.
It will be essential to control the calories to avoid those swellings, those heavy digestions and chronic fatigue associated with this disease.
So the basic question is : What should I eat?
- Fiber: Indispensable. It gives us a feeling of fullness and controls the appetite , absorbing, in addition, less fats and sugars.
- Integral bread, rice and pasta.
- Oat flakes or natural corn for breakfast, without sugar.
- Include legumes three times a week in your diet, and all those green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid sugar. As a sweetener we can use stevia . It is perhaps only advisable, since neither sucrose nor fructose are suitable for fatty liver.
Hence, we should even dispense with the daily consumption of fruit because of its high level of sugars.
- Avoid cow’s milk: Skimmed yogurt and kefir are always better.
- Increase in your diet vitamin A, C, E and selenium, favoring to avoid cellular degeneration .
It is advisable, for example, that you consume the following foods: blue fish, egg yolks, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, nuts, spinach, avocados …
Regarding selenium, powerful antioxidant and detoxifier of our liver, we can find it in pistachios, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, wheat bran …
- Avoid alcohol. It is something that you must eliminate completely from your diet.
- The lemon is, undoubtedly, an indispensable piece for fatty liver. It will be very beneficial, so you can add it when you drink water, and also in your salads. Recommended especially with carrots.
Allied plants to combat fatty liver
Hugely effective to clean and strengthen the liver. It reconstitutes and acts as an antioxidant, while promoting the growth of new cells and helps digest fat.
You can find it in capsules at herbalists.
Noni juice (morinda citrifolia)
It has a high concentration of fiber, reduces cholesterol and promotes the reconstitution of the liver .
You can consume two capsules on an empty stomach. You will also find it in herbalists.
Detoxifies and rehabilitates the liver. Thanks to its high content of magnesium and vitamin B6 is ideal to combat fatty liver and provide us with high amounts of vitamins.
- It is preferable not to abuse drugs, especially anti-inflammatories and analgesics.
- What if we include in our habits a daily walk of one hour? Exercise is basic to lose weight and balance our body.
Try it progressively, start with a half hour a day to, little by little, integrate the exercise fully into your life.
Green juices to purify the body
Green juices are excellent allies when it comes to treating fatty liver. These allow a purification to be carried out in our organism, which frees it from certain toxins that are harmful to it.
In the next video we teach you much more about green juices. Do not miss it!
Recipe of green juice for the liver
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups of apple juice and parsley (500 ml)
- Half a tablespoon of virgin olive oil (8 g)
- Half garlic clove
- Half a tablespoon of ground ginger (5 g)
- An infusion of herbs (fennel, dandelion or green tea)
- The first thing to do is add all the ingredients in a blender to process them for a few minutes.
- When you have acquired the texture of your taste, serve in a glass and drink slowly.
The goal is to drink this drink for 5 days in a row, 2 hours before consuming any other solid food.
If you want to strengthen the liver cleansing, you can consume squash, artichokes, tomatoes, pineapple, papaya and pears.
Latest research: benefits of coffee
These claimed to have discovered the beneficial properties of coffee and tea to prevent fatty liver .
And is that, in addition to acting as a protective to prevent diseases such as diabetes and Parkinson’s symptoms, caffeine seems to be also beneficial for this condition .
It is not superfluous, therefore, to consume a cup of coffee at noon and another of tea in the afternoon. Our health will surely thank you.