Through them we access the different rooms, therefore, they are our passageways. However, we often forget that the corridors are parts of the house that we must also decorate. While it is true that they are not a priority, it does not hurt to give them a little attention when the time comes. At the end, corridors with a good presentation will make the transitions between one room and another much more pleasant.
When we imagine the decoration of a corridor, we usually think of only one thing: pictures on the wall. And frankly, how boring is the single image of a long corridor with bucolic paintings that we never stop to look at. The other element that can come to mind is the typical table with family photographs.
The replicas of the To decorate the corridors of the house in a much more attractive and “fun” the best we can do is to get honest with ourselves and decorate with those elements that we are going to stop to look and use at some point. And what elements should be placed then?
Decorative elements for the corridors
- A mirror. Yes, usually a mirror is what works best when decorating a hallway, as it provides a sense of spaciousness and brightness. It should be noted that you can place the mirror with or without a table underneath.
- Table. It should be preferably narrow and without drawers, since the tables with drawers promote the tendency to store things that then fall into oblivion. On the surface it is not necessary to fill in with
- Medium and large decorative objects. If we have a more or less spacious corridor, we can place accessories of medium or large size. For example, you can place antique lamps, a large vase (with flowers, branches, or in conjunction with other vases of different sizes), spheres of wooden branches, and so on.
- The lamp. There are people who like to place colorful lamps, very ornamental and ostentatious finish. If this is our case, let’s try to reduce the use of the rest of the elements, since this way we can make the lamp stand out as the main element. Of course, be careful to install it at a height where people can take it to the front when crossing the corridor! And in case we opt for a simple lamp, let’s try to provide a good illumination so that all the elements can be appreciated easily.
- The carpet. This is another optional element. A nice hallway rug can help make the
- Painting / wallpaper. If our hall is wide and we want to add personality and color, we can decorate it with the wallpaper of our preference or with a layer of paint of some striking color. Another good idea is to use both elements to “break” a bit with visual continuity and achieve dynamism.
- Murals Nowadays there are murals that have
Ideas for decorating corridors
A good idea to decorate a hallway is to make an element the protagonist. For example, if we are going to focus on the chandelier that we hang in the center of the aisle, we can paint the ceiling a light shade and add a few brightness, so that, when turning on the light, simulate precious stones or distant “stars”. Regarding the color palette, if the candlestick is gold or ocher, it is convenient to paint the corridor with a light blue tone and the ceiling with an even lighter color. The nude tones also work very well.
Another idea to decorate the corridors is to leave the walls blank or a single neutral color and put a colorful carpet that draws much attention not only in We will dispense with the accessories and we will bet to place, at the end of the corridor, a basket with cushions of different size and color. The result will be very welcoming.
You can also place the items we mentioned above: lamp, mirror and table, but looking for one of these pieces to be different from what is usually seen. For example, instead of placing a square, circular or oval mirror with a simple frame, we can place a mirror that has a different shape or whose frame is striking. Of course, on the table we will put only a few elements, such as: a pair of candles, a wooden figure or a plant.